Opinion on this past week please.

Options
Hey everyone.
Started my weight loss journey mid-February and am down 27 lbs. a few weeks ago I readjusted my goals so that my daily calories went from 1670 to 1530. When I began in February (and for most of the time thereafter) I was losing roughly 2lb/week. That started to slow down to maintenance but after the readjustment I was losing 2/week again.

Anyway, this past week the only change I made was staring the couch to 5k running app.

(For anyone unfamiliar it was three separate days of a 5 min walk warm up followed by 8 reps of 1 min run/1.5 min walk, 5 min cool down during which I walked.)

I entered the 22 min walking, 8 min running to get a calorie loss of 175. I made sure to only eat back 50% of those calories and yet this morning's weigh in showed I only lost 0.6 lbs.

Don't get me wrong it's a loss and that's awesome but I'm wondering if my body is compensating differently given that it's not used to actual physical exercise? Lol Or if this just happened to be an off week, maybe I miscalculated what I ate, that kind of thing.

Thanks in advance for opinions/advice!

Replies

• delineationfiguration
    delineationfiguration Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    vespiquenn wrote: »
    Weight loss isn't linear. You cannot expect to lose exactly 2lbs per week. Some days it will be less or none at all and some weeks it might be even more. Also, it's a new exercise regime, and water retention may be occurring. Patience.

Nothing to add :)
  • jaga13
    jaga13 Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options
    Agree with above. Also, make sure you aren't weighing yourself after you exercise. I believe your body is holding on to fluids for dear life right after a workout.
  • HeathermRVT
    HeathermRVT Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    No expectations, just hopes. Lol

Only asking out of curiosity since I'm unfamiliar with how one's body might react to a sudden change in exercise. :)
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    Yep. If exercise is brand new to you, your muscles will have some damage to them (which is normal), and they will be somewhat inflamed (which is also normal), which means that you will be holding on to some water which masks weight loss.

You will pee it out in a day or so and probably see a further drop.