Lacking Motivation to Exercise

Options
I haven't exercised in almost a week. I can't seem to find the motivation to. I've been incredibly stressed out and that definitely hasn't helped. I actually broke down while I was jogging one day. And since then I haven't wanted to exercise. Or I have but I just don't. I don't know what my problem is. I know that I need to in order to lose more weight but I've lost 7lbs in a week without hardly any exercise. Anyways...I need help. :(

Replies

• KCmac1989
    KCmac1989 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    it helps me alot when i dont want to work out to look up success stories or other peoples transformations and then just go for a walk with music that pumps you up. even if thats all you did youd be burning calories :) and knowing that i followed my macros to the letter really gets me motivated! if that doesn't work for me then the only other thing is to just stand up, get my workout clothes on, dont even wonder why i dont want to workout just go walk or jog or ride a bike just knock out 30 minutes. sometimes your motivation for working out comes after your done. so get pumped and just do it! show yourself and make yourself believe that you can do anything you think you need to do. just ignore the part of your mind that tells you no. lol i know its not that simple, but just doing it when you dont want to can really help you to inspire yourself and rekindle your fire!
  • kuranda10
    kuranda10 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Exercise is for health and calories are for weightloss. If you aren't feeling it right now, don't do it. As a former athlete, I always found I had more injuries when I didn't want to exercise/practice, but I forced myself to anyway.

I always lose more weight without exercising because my muscles LOVE to hold on the "reapairing water weight".
  • vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately there's nothing any of us can say to give you motivation. That's all on you. Not to mention, motivation fades. It's dedication that keeps people going.

However, a few things I have done to stay consistent is treat my gym/workout time as a set thing in my schedule. For example, pick a time that you have to get it done and treat it like your job. You wouldn't skip a day of your job, would you? Same line of thinking.

Another thing I do is get my gym clothes on, even when I don't feel like going. That way, I get into the mindset that "I'm ready to go, so I might as well."

Lastly, understand that it's okay to miss a day here and there. An important part of the journey is understanding your body. I'm currently training for a half marathon and was supposed to do a recovery run today. After all that I got accomplished over the weekend, my body just wasn't willing. It's the first workout I have missed in a few weeks. And I've already figured out how I'm going to have to alter my schedule to make it up.

Point being, just get it done. You will feel a lot better, even if it's something a simple as going for a relaxing walk.
  • Nightmare_Queen88
    Nightmare_Queen88 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice. I went for a walk yesterday and it felt great. I'm going to push myself to workout because when I was doing it I loved every minute of it. I actually looked forward to it. I have a lot of issues as far as why I'm losing steam with losing weight, but I know I need to remember why I started this journey in the first place. And I'm not giving that up. I want lose weight. :)