Losing to Help Bad Knee

Options
After gaining 50+ lbs over the past three years during a heart issue, I have found that one of my knees can't handle the weight. I used to run, but now I cannot walk long distances. Is anyone losing to help with knee/joint issues? I'm looking for all types of friends. My goal is to lose 100lbs+, walk better, and wear my clothes again. I need help staying focused when life gets hectic. Send me a friend request!!

Replies

• Jimmy5228
    Jimmy5228 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain!
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    I remember that feeling all too well. It hurt to even stand and wash the dishes
    The good news is that your here now and are making the changes needed :)
    Things will get easier:)
  • TnZMom
    TnZMom Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I found the knee pain got better and better until one day I realized it was gone. Just go slowly and eventually you will get there.
  • tiggerlove
    tiggerlove Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I had complete knee surgery in September of last year, I'm loosing the weight to help make sure I won't be going for another one anytime soon. I put on weight after the surgery so it's time to take it back off. Knee & back pain are the worst.
  • azlily20
    azlily20 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I injured my knee six years ago and have slowing gained 30lbs. It's hard because I'm only 5'1'' so that is a considerable amount of weight. Recently I decided to get Toradol injections because I'm tired of the pain and want to get back to my former energetic bubbly self. It's been two weeks and the pain has lessened. I'm not supposed to work out like I used to so my Ortho surgeon told me to crank up the resistance on the elliptical so I can get some good cardio in without re-injuring my knee. I'm hoping this will help me start losing the weight. I sympathize with anyone who suffers knee pain. It's horrible. Good luck to you!!!
  • BewitchedBelinda99
    BewitchedBelinda99 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Yep, dodgy knee here too. It's so annoying because i love walking! Waiting for the results of an x-ray, the pain meds I've been prescribed really help though. Request sent.
  • Smile72
    Smile72 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I have osteoarthritis and was told a partial knee replacement is in my future. Was not happy about that. Hopefully a significant amount of weight loss will not only help with the knee but can save me from having to have surgery.
  • loobe1066
    loobe1066 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I have osteoarthritis in both knees and now have signs of it in both hips and si joints. I am 26lb lighter than my heaviest weight but I still have at least 75 to go. I am hoping if I lose enough weight I can avoid knee replacements.
    Good luck to all.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Knee problems here too. I'm very arthritic. Weighing less reduces the pain.
  • SweetP27
    SweetP27 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Knee probs here too!