Boobs

Options
Hi all,
Are there any ladies who've lost, say, 50+ lbs who've been able to drop a cup size or two? This is one of my primary goals, since I'm in a Google now and it's a royal PITA to find decent bras in that size. I'm down 21 out of about 88 lbs so far, and no change in that area whatsoever. Please tell me it's possible to get to a DD eventually. Thanks!

Replies

• MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    When I have lost this weight before (this is the LAST TIME) I went from 44 DDD to 38D. It's really going to depend on your genetics. I've started to lose in this area at my current loss of 39lbs. I'm down to 42DD already.
  • almaddox83
    almaddox83 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    That was the first thing that went for me! I was a D now down to a B probably even an A!!!! I'm jealous! Ha!
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    It really just depends on your genetics. Did you have big boobs before you gained weight? If so, you will likely still have them when you lose weight. I never considered myself very big in the chest area, at least compared to the rest of my body. At my biggest I was a 42DD and currently I'm a 36C.
  • indigrrl
    indigrrl Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Guess I just have to hope for the best. I've never been small-chested, but these things have just kept getting bigger as I get older.
  • Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I used to be a 38DD, now a 34A. You can probably see from my current picture that I have little to no boobs. My boobs used to fill this shirt completely and now they're barely there. I've lost about 60lbs.
  • treehugnmama
    treehugnmama Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I have only lost 24 of my 100 plus but I already have gone down. I just bought 3 bras and I am so hard to fit....and the are too big. It made my belly look bigger lol
  • TricksterBreeze
    TricksterBreeze Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I've dropped 53 pounds so far, and I went from a 38D to a 38DD/40D. Not sure why my chest is swelling when I thought it would go down instead, but probably just puberty.
  • Maria_Fatima
    Maria_Fatima Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I've noticed that my chest size has been up and down with the rest of my weight. Never very proportionately though! But there's always a difference
  • Maria_Fatima
    Maria_Fatima Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I have only lost 24 of my 100 plus but I already have gone down. I just bought 3 bras and I am so hard to fit....and the are too big. It made my belly look bigger lol

That boob-belly struggle lol. So familiar.
  • Lynzdee18
    Lynzdee18 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Lost 64 pounds? Boobs? None to speak of...... :'(
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,211 Member
    Options
    Mine have only gone down a very tiny bit with about 40 pounds loss and are still a solid 36DDD. I'd like to lose a few of those D's...Even if I need to pay to have it done. :)
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    indigrrl wrote: »
    G. Not Google. Autocorrect wins again.

Lol. I was wondering if "Google" was a new saying here or something. I lost nearly 60lbs, and when I started, I measured around a 38/39 inch bust, and now I am at about 31 inches. Back then and today I haven't been sure of my bra size. I just know that I used to wear medium, sometimes large, sports bras, and now I wear smalls. I actually don't mind too much. Abs and glutes are my main interest.
  • amyk0202
    amyk0202 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I've lost a bunch in my chest, but I've also lost a bunch in my ribcage--it's been more or less proportional for me. So, I have actually gotten a lot smaller but my cup size isn't any easier to find. I actually decided to stay in the "overweight" bmi range instead of losing all the way down into the "normal" bmi range because I was so afraid that my ribcage would get too small. It's much harder to find a large cup with a 26 band than a 30 band.
  • Ringer1022
    Ringer1022 Posts: 45 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I started at a 38DDD; probably should have had a bigger cup... currently smaller than my 34DDD bra but refuse to buy more until it's imperative or I'm closer to my "ideal". Measuring a 32" band as of now.

I should mention... I'm down 48lbs, with closer to 70 as my current goal
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    Was a 38G in september. Lost 50 pounds, now a 34G. Everything except my boobs has shrunk significantly. I have never had small boobs (woke up with DDs in 6th grade), i may be paying to get them.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Genetics.. 90 lb down and I went down in band but not in cup. In reality I have lost inches there, but since the same cup size gets smaller as you go in band they haven't shrunk enough to change cup. Makes it even harder to find good bras since my favorite brands had plus sized bands and don't go any lower... I'm confident my band won't be going down by much, probably 1 size smaller at most, and that any further loss would come from the cup. My mom wears an E at a normal weight so I'm hopeful that's where I will end up.
  • bonnie824
    bonnie824 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm DD and don't lose their first for sure, but in the past when I dropped down low enough to be in my healthy weight range I did get to C cup. Never lower but that was my size when I was at a good weight. I think whatever cup size you wore at your best weight might be as low as you go.
  • _m0lly
    _m0lly Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I have lost nearly 40lb and virtually at my goal - Let me tell you I definitely lost boob.

I never got my boobs measured professionally before I lost weight, but I'd say I've gone from a C/D to a small B.
    But hey, nothing wrong with small 'uns ladies! It doesn't really bother me :blush: