Calorie intake

Options
Just wondering why your calorie intake stays the same even when my weight goes down. I have lost 10lbs so far and the amount of calories I can eat are the same as they were on day 1.

Replies

• pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    I thought MFP automatically recalculated after 10 pounds. I don't usually wait for that though, if you go back to your goals page you can force it to recalculate.
  • sandysilva94
    sandysilva94 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    How do you recalculate?? Cause ive lost 11 pounds and my calories are the same as well
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    pebble4321 wrote: »
    I thought MFP automatically recalculated after 10 pounds. I don't usually wait for that though, if you go back to your goals page you can force it to recalculate.

Depends if you're already on 1200 cals or not?
  • Josh_lol
    Josh_lol Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    You can either go through the guided setup again and receive a new calorie goal for your current weight or mfp will recommend you to do it after losing so much. I'm not sure how often it recommends it though.
  • lisaseager45
    lisaseager45 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Might be a silly question but I take it when you start on 1200 you just carry on with that regardless of weight loss? :)
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Might be a silly question but I take it when you start on 1200 you just carry on with that regardless of weight loss? :)
    @lisaeager45
    You should be slowing down the rate of weight loss the closer you get to goal weight / the less you have to lose.
    So unless you are tiny then that's unlikely to be 1200.
  • lisaseager45
    lisaseager45 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I am tiny! Lol. Thanks
  • pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    pebble4321 wrote: »

Depends if you're already on 1200 cals or not?

Yup, good point, it's not going to go any lower than that.