Quick Cold Lunch Ideas

Options
dolcemaria81
dolcemaria81 Posts: 25 Member
Hi! Im tires of salad and sandwhiches. What else can I eat for lunch at work that is quick to eat and I dont have to microwave?

Replies

• louann_jude
    louann_jude Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I love P3's from Oscar Meyer.
  • sharondjs
    sharondjs Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    I have tin baked beans high fiber protein low cal & filling , also tin tuna i have this and then some fruit salad , or yogurt and fruit
    you could try wraps instead of bread chicken sweet potato and chickpeas make an awesome wrap or half wrap .
    Or do you have a blender at work make a smoothie for something different there's plenty of recieps around for low cal really filling yummy ones . :smiley:
  • opalquartz
    opalquartz Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I like to have hummus with cucumbers, peppers, and sesame crackers.
  • ayrivera889
    ayrivera889 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I like buying the packets of tuna that don't need to be drained with greenbeans. Or sometimes with multigrain club crackers.
  • Agentaprilh
    Agentaprilh Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I love to take a can of tuna, add finely diced veggies (onion, tomato, jalapenos, shredded carrots... any veggies you like) and some greek yogurt. I take the mixture and a bag of lettuce leaves and make amazing lettuce wraps for lunch! (I prefer leafy lettuces but iceberg would work too). You can also take that same mixture and add a diced up cucumber, a little seasoning (salt and pepper or ms dash) and just eat it out of the bowl with a fork!
  • C1C2C3
    C1C2C3 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Boiled eggs
    Meat, cheese and crackers
    Peanut butter and crackers
    Cold vegetable salad. This one is really good and keeps really well for a few days: http://www.pipandebby.com/pip-ebby/2011/5/23/edamame-summer-salad.html. You could add some black beans, chicken, ham or bacon for additional flavor.

For a sweet addition, grapes or strawberries are a nice snack or "dessert".

• Vegplotter
    Vegplotter Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Cold soups are great at this time of year. You can take chives or vegetables cut in strips to add to the bowl. Try gazpacho or creamed watercress.
    Pre cooked omlette, frittata or tortilla(potato omlette)
    Tabouli or quinoa salad is a change with minted yoghurt.
  • sbelluomo
    sbelluomo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt with granola and a hand full of almonds with fruits and veggies makes a good meal. High protien and yummy :)
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    I like canned tuna (in water) with a boiled egg chopped up in it. I add lots of dill, one tbsp olive oil mayo and a little salt. I guess you could add pickles or onions or celery or whatever you wanted. The dill and the egg do it for me though!
  • taubut
    taubut Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Starkist tuna Salad pack. Hard to skip bread/crakets, but I do.
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    On days I don't pack a lunch I'll grab a yogurt and eat a granola protein bar.

• vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    Chickpea salad stuffed into mini croissants. I give canned chickpeas a light whirl in the food processor, then add minced purple onion, red pepper, fresh cilantro and basil, toasted pecans. Dress it with mayo, lemon zest and a good splash of Tabasco. Plenty of salt and pepper.
    A great cold lunch is your favorite potato salad with red kidney beans tossed in.
    I supplement these mains with chips, fresh fruit and dessert.