Be my (virtual) gym buddy?

Options
Hi all! I'm two weeks shy of my 24th birthday and the heaviest I've ever been. I go to the gym but I have a knee injury so running is a no-go. No one I know will go to the gym with me and I'm recently single so I'm feeling a little alone support-wise. Anyone here want to be my gym buddy? Even if it's just virtual? I signed up for a tough muddier with my brothers and I'm worried about my endurance most of all. Without being able to actually run for the near future I'm worried about being keeping up. I am great at pep talk and consistently make puny jokes guaranteed to make you laugh!

Replies

• huckabeebug
    huckabeebug Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    How does a virtual buddy work?if I can do it, I'm very interested
  • JessiBelleW
    JessiBelleW Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    we could have a whatsapp group? and post when we go/ encouragement to go? I went to check a gym out today, my aim is to go 4 times a week
  • Ringer1022
    Ringer1022 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I log all of my exercise... cardio and weights... I'm averaging 4 days a week, 2.5 hours per session... I do actually LOOK at my friends diaries when they complete them.

I'd suggest finding an online program and following it.
  • zipaprika
    zipaprika Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I can be kinda shy, but I would maybe be down.
    LetiKZ wrote: »
    I signed up for a tough muddier with my brothers and I'm worried about my endurance most of all. Without being able to actually run for the near future I'm worried about being keeping up.

LetiKZ, this made me think of a realization I had recently: a lot of physical endurance is in fact mental, i.e. sports psychology. I didn't do sports growing up, so I've only just started to learn about it, mostly from good spin class instructors. It's almost like meditation - not trying to distract yourself but being really focused and present, not trying to be tough but accepting discomfort and realizing it's not the end of the world. Maybe this mental stuff is something you can work on, maybe on a bike or elliptical until you can run?

• christyisard
    christyisard Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Love the idea
  • amberprice945
    amberprice945 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Can I please me part of this?? I'm in the exact same spot where no one wants to go to the gym with me!
  • LetiKZ
    LetiKZ Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! So stoked to have so many replies! my idea of a virtual gym buddy is basically support each other when we need it. give some motivation to hit the gym and keep each other accountable for it! @zipaprika: Thanks for that! I get that a lot of stuff is mind over matter but that's exactly what I need; Some perspective when I feel like giving up. Today I saw that I've lost two pounds and to me, that's progress. Im hoping to drop to 150 by the end of the year. I don't believe in fad diets but I do believe in this being a whole new lifestyle. If you all want, you can find me on instagram too at feistyleti_10 where I like to post most of my life and stuff ( be prepared for family pics and the pets I wish I had though!) :)
  • ChloeJoanneSmith
    ChloeJoanneSmith Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    we could have a whatsapp group? and post when we go/ encouragement to go? I went to check a gym out today, my aim is to go 4 times a week

I love the idea of a whatsapp group :)

I'm forever starting the gym for a few months, then getting bored & giving up completely.
  • LetiKZ
    LetiKZ Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have been MIA for the past couple of weeks. I had weddings and birthdays and baby showers back to back to the point where me time was not really a thing. I apologize. BUT i've still been trying to get to the gym at least 3x a week. on Tuesday I had no energy for the gym AT ALL I was so lazy and slumpy BUT I made myself at least gear up for a nice little walk. I ended up doing FOUR MILES and it was a great feeling. I learned that even a small walk can turn into awesome things. :smiley: Keep going for your goals! I hope my check in helped! and I'm going to be tougher on myself about logging my food and exercise!