I'm going grocery shopping tomorrow..here's my list

Options
ryiko
ryiko Posts: 76
I'm going shopping and need some tips..what's good low-calorie turkey you can buy? I wanna make turkey wraps and what can I put on them thats not too fattening? I hate miracle whip and low cal mayonaise..lol im picky i know ahha...i love turkey wraps..and broiled burgers..but anyways im getting: wheat bread,yogurt,grilled chicken, pretzels, low- fat cottage cheese, cereal, pancakes, steak. Anything else you guys think I should add on the list or any recipe suggestions?

Replies

• ryiko
    ryiko Posts: 76
    Options
    I'm going shopping and need some tips..what's good low-calorie turkey you can buy? I wanna make turkey wraps and what can I put on them thats not too fattening? I hate miracle whip and low cal mayonaise..lol im picky i know ahha...i love turkey wraps..and broiled burgers..but anyways im getting: wheat bread,yogurt,grilled chicken, pretzels, low- fat cottage cheese, cereal, pancakes, steak. Anything else you guys think I should add on the list or any recipe suggestions?
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I buy deli turkey - smoked. I looooove the flavor! And for wraps I use La Tortilla Factory Smart and Delicious Whole Wheat wraps, yummmmm and instead of mayo I use low or no calorie dressing - my favorite for wraps is poppy seed or honey mustard. mmmmmmmm. Dang, now I'm hungry:grumble: Just don't forget to read your labels on new brands you think you want to try.... Good luck!
  • emileecampbell
    Options
    I buy healthy choice turkey, it comes in a plastic container with a green lid, the serving size is 7 slices for 60 calories. I think it is great, and especially when you put on all the sandwich toppings you cant tell that it's "healthier".
  • npieratt
    Options
    I would recommend buying some veggis :tongue:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    I would recommend buying some veggis :tongue:
    um and maybe some fruit?:wink:
  • pamelaeilf
    Options
    Dannon Lite & Fit yogart and/or smoothies
    Laughing cow cheese - works great for wraps
    Campbells soup at hand - great addition to your wrap
    Jello - SF pudding and jello - great when you need a sweet fix
    almonds - great snack food
    quaker weight control oatmeal - great hold you over breakfast
    swiss miss sugar free hot cocoa - when you have that chocolate craving
    redi whip can whip cream - 20 cal adds alot

hope it helps
  • shelleycronan
    Options
    A great alternative to mayonnaise is Herbed Fat Free Cream Cheese. Just mix your favorite herb with the fat free cream cheese and spread a small amount on your tortilla.
  • shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options

I also say fruits & veggies!

Mustard is also a good suggestion...try dijon or another flavor of mustard! I like Kraft light mayo, but only KRAFT - I tried the walmart generic and it was NASTY! :noway: You could also try using hummus on your sandwiches/wraps! I made a turkey, hummus, & veggie sandwich (I think it was cucumbers, onion, & red pepper, I forgot the tomatoes tho!) on WW bread last week and it was yummy!
  • Violet_Mist
    Options
    Sara Lee Turkey Breats are really good and low in calories. You can find them in the Deli section of Wal-Mart. I use them on my sandwiches a lot because I don't have many other alternatives.
  • Violet_Mist
    Options
    Sara Lee Turkey Breats are really good and low in calories. You can find them in the Deli section of Wal-Mart. I use them on my sandwiches a lot because I don't have many other alternatives.
  • littletiger972000
    Options

I also say fruits & veggies!

Mustard is also a good suggestion...try dijon or another flavor of mustard! I like Kraft light mayo, but only KRAFT - I tried the walmart generic and it was NASTY! :noway: You could also try using hummus on your sandwiches/wraps! I made a turkey, hummus, & veggie sandwich (I think it was cucumbers, onion, & red pepper, I forgot the tomatoes tho!) on WW bread last week and it was yummy!

I use Fat Free Ranch dressing on my wraps sometimes. It's really yummy and I like to put shredded carrots on them too! It adds a little extra crunch besides the lettuce and you can't really taste them either. :)
  • gnicolecan
    gnicolecan Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I can't live without:
    Hard boiled eggs (buy the eggs & boil yourself)
    Frozen "steam fresh" type veggies
    Baked/Light Chips
    Salsa
    KAshi Cereal
    Weight control Oatmeal
    Almonds
    Jello sugar free puddings
    Luna- minis if I can find them
    Skim milk
    100 calorie Popcorn (but none of that other 100 calore crapola)
    Dark chocolate for the freezer for emergencies

That's all I can think of . Good luck!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I use horseradish sauce on sandwiches and wraps - a little goes a long way with some kick.

I make my own salsa our of Rotel and Petite diced tomatoes with seasonings and dip it with baked scoops OR a fat free tortilla with fat free cream cheese and chili powder sprinkled on it

Fresh fruit - it's a prepackaged on the go food...
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    I think I'd pick up some hummus to put on your wrap sandwiches.
  • DawnInOhio
    DawnInOhio Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Progresso Light soups are a quick warm lunch! I like Roasted Chicken and vegetable. My mainstays that I buy everyweek are the soups, Sara Lee buffalo chicken breast (deli) and ff sugar free yogurts. I vary the veggies and fruits to what is on sale or in season.