WOW!

Options
I just had a bowl of Honey Bunches of Oats, 1 banana, and 1/2 cup skim milk for breakfast and I am already over my sugar intake. Does that sound right? The banana is what put me over

Replies

• kris2600
    kris2600 Posts: 149
    Options
    I just had a bowl of Honey Bunches of Oats, 1 banana, and 1/2 cup skim milk for breakfast and I am already over my sugar intake. Does that sound right? The banana is what put me over
  • Kimlane70
    Kimlane70 Posts: 117
    Options
    i don't buy cereal because of the sugar content and there is no real nutritional value in it. the banana was the best part of the meal, so don't feel bad about that. and don't worry about the sugar quota for today just stick with a healthy meal plan for the rest of the day and i'm sure it will fine.
  • kris2600
    kris2600 Posts: 149
    Options
    Well the cereal only had 8g sugar but the banana was posted as 18g. That is what doesn't sound right to me
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Fruit is very high in sugar. It's nature's candy. :wink: Some fruits are higher in glucose than others, so they need to be eaten in moderation. Others are low in glucose and higher in fructose, and those you can eat in higher abundance (this is all based on blood sugar impact). Bananas are good for you but calorically dense. A lot of cereals have added table sugar which is what really needs to be limited.