Replies

• alyssa0061
    alyssa0061 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Lift, bro
  • chonji4ever
    chonji4ever Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Keep lifting, and try dating on off days. I workout 3 days a week, spend regular time with my family, work 40-50 hours per week and still have time for dating. You having a life away from the women you date is good, and it helps keep you from being that clingy guy they warn their friends about. Lol
  • Tsartele
    Tsartele Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I say do both..
  • jason6252
    jason6252 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Have you tried meeting genuine women on match or eharmony? I met my husband on match.
    Sometimes it's a numbers thing. Not always though. I had 14 diff dates in a year til i finally met my hubby. We met in 4/2010. Still going great. :)
    Best wishes.

At one time I was on 6 or 7 dating sites. That's where all the getting stood up came from.
  • wantitforthewow
    wantitforthewow Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Lift
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I just broke up with my boyfriend of 2.5 years and have been enjoying how free I feel when I workout. I've been trying to date too but right now my training has come first. If someone asks if I want to go out on Tuesday night and I'm supposed to train, I try for another night. If another night won't work, I'll still go but I'll adjust my training so I don't miss anything. You can do both, just find balance. Recently I started seeing someone from my gym who lifts as well so he understands when I say "sorry, I'm training that night".
  • StayNParis
    StayNParis Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Just date a girl small enough you can squat and press her.

This and you should be able to get the cardio in as well lol
  • LiftingRiot
    LiftingRiot Posts: 6,952 Member
    Options
    lift, the end
  • Hey_Its_That_One_Guy
    Hey_Its_That_One_Guy Posts: 21,768 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    I just broke up with my boyfriend of 2.5 years and have been enjoying how free I feel when I workout. I've been trying to date too but right now my training has come first. If someone asks if I want to go out on Tuesday night and I'm supposed to train, I try for another night. If another night won't work, I'll still go but I'll adjust my training so I don't miss anything. You can do both, just find balance. Recently I started seeing someone from my gym who lifts as well so he understands when I say "sorry, I'm training that night".

Find a guy whose ideal date is to a gym!
  • krislehmann1
    krislehmann1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    jason6252 wrote: »
    Little back story. I started hitting the gym about 3 months ago and was doing great. Then I had to stop so my shoulder could heal up cause I thought I could lift more than I actually could. So on my break I started trying to date a little. So far I got stood up 3 times and met one person that wasn't really interested. I have been back in the gym for about 3 weeks now but I have missed a couple workouts because of "dates" that never showed up. So my question is should I just embrace being single and focus on the gym or should I try to keep dating and miss workouts from time to time?
    Priorities need to be n order... If u build it they will come...
  • Doctordevhill
    Doctordevhill Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Find a girl that would go with you to the gym that works out best.
  • cnhuston
    cnhuston Posts: 15 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Someone knows thier BBQ!
  • jenmar222
    jenmar222 Posts: 9,279 Member
    Options
    Dude, I am also going to be blunt. Many guys think that if they work out and are in top shape, then their dating life will be great. Actually, it helps but only little. The best way to bag a classy lady is by your vibrant personality and ability to maintain a lively conversation.

Gym is important, but your personality draws the women more than the guns. You should not take a break. Just keep dating.

Amen
  • robs_ready
    robs_ready Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    jason6252 wrote: »
    Little back story. I started hitting the gym about 3 months ago and was doing great. Then I had to stop so my shoulder could heal up cause I thought I could lift more than I actually could. So on my break I started trying to date a little. So far I got stood up 3 times and met one person that wasn't really interested. I have been back in the gym for about 3 weeks now but I have missed a couple workouts because of "dates" that never showed up. So my question is should I just embrace being single and focus on the gym or should I try to keep dating and miss workouts from time to time?

One will give you hope, love, peace and a feeling of wholeness. The other will bring you pain.

Go to the gym
  • jenmar222
    jenmar222 Posts: 9,279 Member
    Options
    Life is too short.... Personally, when I'm on my death bed, I'm not going to think back to all the wonderful gym time I put in. I'm into fitness bc it helps me live my best life. I don't let fitness get in the way of me living my life.

So, I'm team... date.
  • finny11122
    finny11122 Posts: 8,436 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Been studying people and relationship stuff a long time and i get advice myself over the years if i require it for some of the top people in this field in the world . Im going to do it myself someday as a job i enjoy it so much .
    Never ever leave plans up in the air because unless she is super interested in you from day one , she will flake and not turn up . So always set a definite place , definite day , definite time to meet up . Did i say DEFINiTE , yes i did , because that is the key to successful dating .
    If you do all this and she does not turn up , never text or call her again , because quite simply she does not value your time and wont even make the effort to turn up or she might cancel last minute with some lame excuse . Value yourself as a man and don't ever put up with this . I have helped lots of guys with this exact problem you are facing . Only date women that are enthusiastic and have a good attitude .
    In the meantime get about your gym work and enjoy yourself and do things you like to do that make you happy .