Reheating overnight oats.

I tried overnight oats today and I do not like them cold. Does anyone reheat them and do you do it in microwave on stove top.

Thanks

Replies

• mistywieging
    mistywieging Posts: 1 Member
    I reheat in microwave almost everyday. I make a pot early in the week and then I have a quick breakfast during the work week. I like to add berries, a splash of almond milk and drizzle honey or agave on top. I think the steel cut variety hold up better to reheat than old fashion oats and quick oats get way to mushy.
  • fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    I don't reheat them as that would suggest they've already been heated up once. I do heat them up in the microwave as I don't like them cold.
  • nixxthirteen
    nixxthirteen Posts: 280 Member
    I liked my oats with berries cold, but if I did apple pieces and cinnamon, I'd toss in some chopped nuts for crunch and microwave it.

I always made my overnight oats in a mug for exactly that purpose :)
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    I can not understand the reasoning behind overnight oats. It takes 2 minutes in the microwave to make oats fresh every morning.
  • fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    earlnabby wrote: »
    I can not understand the reasoning behind overnight oats. It takes 2 minutes in the microwave to make oats fresh every morning.

The reason I tried it a couple of times is so flavours can soak into the oats, like coconut, chocolate or vanilla or whatever flavour you might like. Also as I add a lot of things and have to weigh each ingredient so if you're in a rush in the morning it can be good to prepare some of it the night before. To be honest I prefer the "making them in the morning way"
  • suzyjane1972
    suzyjane1972 Posts: 612 Member

Overnight oats are usually raw and soften with whatever liquid you add.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member

Overnight oats are usually raw and soften with whatever liquid you add.

Instant oats - rolled oats - old fashioned oats are not really raw. They have been steamed before rolling. It's true overnight oats are typically just soaked & refrigerated.

Steel Cut would be your raw oats.....unless of course you got the instant steel cut variety.