Around food all day!

Options
As a mom to 6 boys (including an active 14 and 12 yr old ) I'm around food all day! I'm either cooking or cleaning the kitchen from 7 am to 8 pm! I really struggle with cravings and emotional eating.
Any one else fight this battle or maybe have won it? !

Replies

• TnTWalter
    TnTWalter Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    yes it's difficult...lots of gum; lots of water; and bag of carrots or cherries or something that you can 'munch' on without worry....helps...it's a daily struggle for me too.
  • skinnyforhi
    skinnyforhi Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    You sound like a wonderful mother- it must be a lot of work making all of those home-cooked meals for your family! I can tell you what has helped me: I had to train myself to eat only at mealtimes (at least on Monday - Friday). If I must have a snack (usually around 4pm) then it's fresh fruit. Honestly, if you can make it through the first 2 weeks, it's not that bad. I just tell myself that I'm an adult, and adults eat at mealtimes. I know mini-meals can be great tools for people, but I just find it makes me (1) think about food all day, (2) consume more calories overall, and (3) feel less satisfied every time I eat because nothing feels like a full meal. 3 squares and a snack is more satiating, which cuts back the temptation to snack.

As an aside, can you do any batch cooking and freezing to cut down on all of the cooking every day?
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I'm at home all day too.Food is there. It will always be there. I don't have to eat it.
    Put food away out of sight.
    Prelog your food for the day.
    Eat leftovers or low prep foods for breakfast, lunch and snacks. Meal prep for several days in advance
    Use a slow cooker to make dinner.
    Teach your children to cook and clean up. This is an important life skill.
    Drink water or chew gum and wait to eat.