Recipes not showing up in the database.....

Options
mekikya
mekikya Posts: 19 Member
I am a little frustrated right now. I have added 3 recipes to the database and none of them are showing up??? My boyfriend and I are doing MFP together and when he adds a recipe it shows up. When I do it, nothing. I go through all the steps add description, blah blah blah. What am I doing wrong?

Replies

• Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    This may be a silly question, but are you searching in your recipe tab?
  • 4rita
    4rita Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I found that my recipes don't appear in the food database either. I have to go the the recipe tab, click on that recipe and then click to log it.
  • 4rita
    4rita Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have noticed that when you enter your own recipe and then want to log it, I can select which meal but for servings it will not show you anything less than 1 full serving. You can enter 1.5 servings, 2 servings, etc. But not a half or 3/4 serving. Not sure how we could go about doing that --- other than changing how many servings the recipe makes. :/
  • Queenmunchy
    Options
    It will show up (on the app) after the first time you log it from your recipes. And you can weigh your finished product, subtract the weight of the dish, and set that as the number of servings so if you eat 200g of it one day and 263g of it another day, you'll be able to log it accurately.
  • Queenmunchy
    Options
    Also if you're both eating the same dish, I believe you can go into his diary and copy his meal into yours.
  • mekikya
    Options
    I am just trying to add the recipes so we both don't have to enter it. I gave it a very unusual name so that when searching, my boyfriend would know it was the recipe I made for us. I entered the recipes, clicked that I wanted to add it to the database, and then logged it for myself. But when he goes to search it, nothing comes up. The other way around, he adds a recipe and I can find it easily.
  • Queenmunchy
    Options
    Weird. Has he tried copying it straight from your diary instead?
  • Queenmunchy
    Options
    So he would go to Quick Tools for that meal in your diary, then copy to date. I think that should work.
    fuqri79awziz.jpg
  • mekikya
    Options
    Thanks for the tip, I didn't you could copy whole meals like that!
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    4rita wrote: »
    I have noticed that when you enter your own recipe and then want to log it, I can select which meal but for servings it will not show you anything less than 1 full serving. You can enter 1.5 servings, 2 servings, etc. But not a half or 3/4 serving. Not sure how we could go about doing that --- other than changing how many servings the recipe makes. :/

You can just log 0.5 of 1 serving to get 1/2 serving. Better yet, weigh the whole amount and log per 100g or something. This is much more accurate.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Recipes are not added to FOOD .. they are always found under RECIPES tab.

to copy to boy friend, add the recipe to your diary (such as Dinner). Have boy friend open your diary from within in his MFP account (while logged on as himself) and copy it straight to his diary.

And when you want 1/2 serving, or 3/4 serving of that recipe, enter .5 or .75 after you have entered at least 1 serving on your diary (just update it from 1 to .5, etc..)
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options

You can just log 0.5 of 1 serving to get 1/2 serving. Better yet, weigh the whole amount and log per 100g or something. This is much more accurate.

I don't believe it allows you to say per grams ... it's servings based on the one I am used to here on MFP, and I frequently change the amount of servings by using the decimal value, like you showed.
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Nikion901 wrote: »

I don't believe it allows you to say per grams ... it's servings based on the one I am used to here on MFP, and I frequently change the amount of servings by using the decimal value, like you showed.

It's not programmed for grams, but easy to do. Say your recipe yields 560 grams. You can say the recipe is 560 servings, or 56 servings (log in 10g increments), or if it were 500 grams, you could make a serving size 100g. I make a note of what a 'serving' is in grams in the title of the recipe for my own convenience. For example, the stir fry I made is titled "Chicken stir fry - per 10g" and has about 80 "servings".