We Lie loudest when we...

Options
We Lie loudest when we lie to ourselves. I lied when I thought I deserved Pizza last night... In truth, I was really being lazy and didn't want to cook.

How have you lied to yourself?

Replies

• anthony438
    anthony438 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    We Lie loudest when we lie to ourselves. I lied when I thought I deserved Pizza last night... In truth, I was really being lazy and didn't want to cook.

How have you lied to yourself?

For years I told myself that my weight wasn't a problem - then I went over 300 and woke up
  • Jenn728
    Jenn728 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I once read a quote (author unknown) that said: What we eat in private, we wear in public. Goes hand in hand with lying to ourselves.

And so true!
  • pchann
    pchann Posts: 84
    Options
    I always thought I was just big boned. I was just fat.
  • bleachcse
    bleachcse Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    When I told myself this morning that I might as well give up and ate a huge breakfast! Then I realized giving up will get me nowhere and got myself back on track. It's a struggle to keep myself from quitting!!!
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options

Ditto this.
  • anthony438
    anthony438 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    When I told myself this morning that I might as well give up and ate a huge breakfast! Then I realized giving up will get me nowhere and got myself back on track. It's a struggle to keep myself from quitting!!!

But it's a struggle worth fighting for.
  • triciah48
    triciah48 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    When I told myself the dryer must've shrunken up my jeans last year. So far I'm 10 lbs down and that dryer heat just isn't shrinking them anymore...maybe I was using the wrong setting last year! Hmmm. ;o)
  • bleachcse
    bleachcse Posts: 148 Member
    Options

But it's a struggle worth fighting for.

Yes! And one I fight almost daily! And one I've lost for years. But still fighting it! One day I'll win.
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    When I say that I deserve a rest day, or that I trained harder yesterday so I can skip a work out...

When In reality, I don't ever NEED to skip a work out, I can ALWAYS do a really easy work out if its required.

Its mostly an excuse/Lie
  • ashleymgonzales
    Options
    Funny that you make a comment about being big boned. I have heard that several times and it's like no, bones arent jiggly! Many people mistake rolls for bones ;)
  • Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options

Ditto this.

HAHA!!! Loving the Pic as well. I don't hink I ever lied. Unless we count excuses as lies. Like "It's only 400 calories. I can work it off later on."