Cant seem to get more food in me

Options
joehempel
joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
I'm working with trying a 2lb a week weight loss.

I workout pretty rough 6 days a week, and my net calories are still like 1,000.....I'm eating all the frickin time! I need to have 1500 Net!

I'm taking in like 2,000 calories a day....and even thats tough because I am just not hungry....I add 1% milk with my protein just to add calories lol.

Since I'm eating so much....does it matter that I'm netting like 1000-1,100?

Replies

• wanttogetskinny
    Options
    The minimum a guy should net is 1500 in a day. So yes, it could harm you ( put your body in starvation mode). If you are netting 1000, that means you only have 1000 calories for your body to run. Your body needs at least 1500 to run on outside of exercise.

Could you do 2% milk instead of 1% to add a few more calories?
  • Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    You don't need to eat more food. You need to eat more calories. Instead of 1% milk drink the regular stuff. Cut out some of the "diet" foods and allow yourself some real food. Easy way to up your cals.
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Add olive oil to your salad /veg, eat nuts peanut butter nuts!
  • tfemerson
    tfemerson Posts: 6
    Options
    I would eat what is recommended if I were you. I've trained for marathons where I have eaten nonstop (good things) and still lost weight. If your workouts are that heavy, you have to eat more, in my opinion, in order to keep balance in your body. If you don't, you will soon lose your ability to work out as hard, and you'll be tired.
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    You don't need to eat more food. You need to eat more calories. Instead of 1% milk drink the regular stuff. Cut out some of the "diet" foods and allow yourself some real food. Easy way to up your cals.

makes sense!
  • joehempel
    Options
    Thanks.

I've got to figure something out

I switched from 2% to 1% because of the fat...the calories are negligable, like 30 calories.

Im not really eating "diet" food. I eat peanuts...but not alot my son is VERY allergic to them. So they arent in our house I eat them at work.

Im already over my sugars....but I guess since its fruit and a cliff bar mostly I shouldn't be too worried about that.

I will say though I've researched the starvation mode, and while the concept makes sense, I haven't read or seen any proof of it making a difference in any of the docs...it was all theoretical, like eating before going to bed being bad. The biggest problem is Im just not hungry lol. But I know that 1000 is too low. I've got energy for my workouts I carb load before them and my heart rates stays up during them but at the end of the day Im beat. And the 4-5 hours I do get to sleep is awesome and a hard sleep.

Yes 4-5 hours isn't enough, but my schedule with my son is such its the way it goes, up for 24 sleep for 4-5 up for 12 sleep for 7-8 until the weekend.
  • trac3
    trac3 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Can you add in other types of nuts besides peanuts? Walnuts, pecans, brazil nuts? They are all wonderful sources of good fats for you ~ great energy for workouts too I might add!:happy: Olive oil and avacados would be great to eat as well ~ my blood work is quite impressive, and I swear it the avacados (I eat about 3 - 4 a week, pretty religiously ~ they have a lot of fiber as well)....hang in there!:flowerforyou: Try to get more sleep, even if the 4-5 hours you are getting is good quality ~ you need closer to 7 ~ the body needs it for recovery, particularly when working out!!!
  • joehempel
    Options
    So I added some calories today before I go to bed, I was getting hungry...so I added 2 98% fat free hot dogs each wrapped with a slice of whole wheat bread. And a Banana. We are nervous about the tree nuts because he's kind of borderline allergic...sometimes does, sometimes doesn't.

It put me at 66 calories under my NET calorie intake.

So my schedule, is absolutely nuts, I work 3rd shift and have a son with special needs...so I work 40hrs a week AND am a stay at home dad except for 2 days during the week.

Sunday: Wake up whenever Zach gets up....go to bed whenever
    Monday: Wake up whenever Zach gets up....got to bed at around 6-6:30pm until 11:00pm
    Tuesday: Work Until 8am, sleep at 10:30am till 5:30-6:00pm - Up till Wednesday 6:00pm
    Wednesday: Wake up at 11pm go to work
    Thursday: Work Until 8am, sleep at 10:30am till 5:30-6:00pm-Up till Friday 6:00pm
    Friday: Wake up at 11pm go to work
    Saturday: Work Until 8am, sleep at whenever til 4:00p-5:00p - go to bed whenever

CRAZY!!! But we can't afford $300-400 a week in daycare.