Recipes needed for a weekend full of BBQ's!

Options
megh26
megh26 Posts: 3
Yay! The 4th of July is finally here. Of course that means a weekend full of boating and BBQ's. I am in need of some tasty low calorie recipe's for the grill.

So far I know I am going to make grilled pineapple and papaya. It is really delicious and easy. A trick I've learned is to soak the slices in cold water and lemon juice for 20 minutes prior to grilling. It keeps them firm and juicy. Also, add a little frozen vanilla yogurt on top when done grilling and kids will love it too!

Replies

• twitbffl
    twitbffl Posts: 24
    Options
    Kabobs are always good! You can use turkey, chicken, shrimp, any meat really and add any veggies you like or fruit! :)
  • LessMe2B
    LessMe2B Posts: 316
    Options
    Marinate asparagus in soy sauce, minced garlic, and a little dash of sesame oil, then throw it on the bbq, IT IS AWESOME!!!
  • melindalamb
    Options
    Grilled Turkey Cutlets with Salsa

1 teaspoon olive oil
    1 lb boneless, skinless turkey cutlets
    salt
    1/2 teaspoon salt-free spicy seasoning, etc Mrs. Dash Extra Spicy
    6 tablespoons fresh salsa

Preheat the grill. Rub the oil all over the cutlets and season evenly with with the seasoned salt and seasoning. Grill about 1 minute per side, or until no longer pink inside. Transfer to a plate. Top with salsa and serve.

Make 4 servings. Per serving: 134 calories, 28 g protein, 2 g carbs, 2 g fat, 45 mg cholesterol. 0 g fiber, 155 mg sodium
  • mcvc
    mcvc Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I do salmon mignons.

Fold a pan big enough for all the mignons. Extra virgin olive oil on both sides and some of Emeril's southwest seasoning. About 3 minutes on each side.
    Eat as is, in a salad or in fajita's with some veggies and maybe some guacamole.
  • megh26
    megh26 Posts: 3
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas!
  • etarre
    etarre Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Grilled corn is one of my favorite non-sinful BBQ foods.