Quick question

Options
So I'm wanting to lose weight as I'm beyond repulsive now at 20 stone, question is today I've only eaten nine hundred of my allocated 1430 calories and me and my friend were joking that a bag of morrisons prawn crackers are 443 calories so I could eat them (they're my vice) I'm not planning on eating them but my question is does it matter what you eat as long as you don't surpass the calorie intake. Could I say eat those prawn crackers with all that fatty horribleness

Replies

• tryett
    tryett Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    For most people, no it doesn't.
  • swissmiss431
    swissmiss431 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    As long as you stay within your calories guidelines you'll be okay. I tend to track my Cals, but also my fat, sugar, salt, protein, and carbs and I try to stay under my numbers there as my doctor has recommended. I was really high in fat and salt intake and needed to cut it down. But that's me.

If you want those prawn crackers and you are low in your fat intake and cals for the day I say go for it.
  • leighannehorsfield25
    Options
    As long as you stay within your calories guidelines you'll be okay. I tend to track my Cals, but also my fat, sugar, salt, protein, and carbs and I try to stay under my numbers there as my doctor has recommended. I was really high in fat and salt intake and needed to cut it down. But that's me.

If you want those prawn crackers and you are low in your fat intake and cals for the day I say go for it.

I like you lol
  • Kanyon17
    Kanyon17 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I ain't no nutritionist but... I agree with swissmiss431 on the 'as long as you stay within your calories for the day' BUT!! On the long term, what you eat and not just how much you are eating will make the difference. So no problem with eating a little junk once in a while. For me, if I spend too many calories on Junk I know I will be hundry later as Junk food is usually high in calories but poor on the nutriment side. So, why don,t you just eat half of it and fill up on good stuff with the remaining calories :)
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,989 Member
    Options
    I don't think that eating them is really a problem. If it fits your calorie goal then you are good. But, will they hold you until tomorrow when you can eat again? If not you might just want to have a few and eat something else that will fill you up better.