Honestly need help

Options
I've lost 40 lbs since January, and honestly I look better in clothes BUT how do I get rid of my tummy fat and my thighs?

Replies

• megomerrett
    megomerrett Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Your diary is closed so can't check what exercise you're doing.

Well done on the 40lb. Have you been exercising? Do you lift? You can't change everything about your body shape but you can tone with the right exercise.
  • seaoflovely96
    seaoflovely96 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I excerise everyday.. What type of excerise I should do? I do a lot of cardio like treadmill, stairmaster, and elliptical and leg day lol
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Lift some heavy weights and focus on compound lifts.
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your 40lbs!!!!!! As for losing tummy and thigh fat? Definitely try lifting!! It's awesome
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Stay in a caloric deficit until they go. You can't spot reduce fat or redistribute it.
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Keep on the slight calorie deficit, but I would encourage you to add in intense strength training. That will improve your muscle tone and is great exercise for improving body composition.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, your body will lose fat from wherever it wants to, and for many the tummy is the last to go. As others have mentioned, continuing with at least a small deficit and starting some kind of heavy lifting program is your best bet. Hang in there and good luck!
  • justincooper405
    justincooper405 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Wow! Good job on 40 Lbs, I agree with weight lifting and resistance training. After I lost a 50 Lbs with calorie counting and walking I started weight lifting.

I got great beginner programs and techniques at bodybuilding.com .... they have great information for women getting into lifting and resistance training.

Keep up the good work :):)