Help Me!

Options
Hello,

So today has been like the worst food day ever! It's only 5pm and I've eaten 5 large white chocolate cookies, 2 packets of chocolate coated brazil nuts, nutella on toast and sushi for lunch.

I'm very good at giving advice and I know that I loose weight when I stick to my calorie goal but I just need more sugar. Anytips on how to satisfy my sugar cravings without piling on the calories?????

Will try anything right now!!!!

Replies

• melindalamb
    Options
    Fruit
  • MrsB123111
    MrsB123111 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    It seems to me you are a bit of a choc-aholic! I like Jell-o Sugar free Dark Chocolate Pudding! All the chocolate flavor with only 60 calories!
  • queenfresh
    queenfresh Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    VitaTops! You can get chocolate, banana nut, cranberry, and blueberry at Target or Walmart.

http://www.vitalicious.com/

Also, check out Hungry Girl. She has really good tips and recipes!

http://www.hungry-girl.com/

Good Luck! I love chocolate too!
  • HeyLisa
    HeyLisa Posts: 201
    Options
    Sweet, mock sweet, carbs sometimes give me the most cravings. You ate.. one meal/one day.. forgive and go on.

To curb I usually have a protein. That calms the cravings for me. A spoon full of tuna (with a bit of mayo and tons of dijon), a hard boiled egg, a piece of chicken/turkey..

Just get your attitude back and do things right from now on. Rinse.. Repeat..
  • Jeterfan2
    Jeterfan2 Posts: 15
    Options
    fruit, fruit and more fruit...
  • catemar
    catemar Posts: 3
    Options
    Sugar, like nicotine, caffeine, etc - is addicting to your body. If you stop all refined sugar you will stop this circle of binging on sugar. Eat balanced, reasonable calories - get your "sugar " from natural fruit, or hey - chew brown rice 50 times until you can feel the sugar. It is impossible for some of us to just have small bits of sugar - if you know that about yourself, clear your personal space of easy access sugary items. (means you don't have to throw out the granulated sugar, but you do have to clear out cookies, chocolate, etc). Try this for 30 days and see if you notice a change. You should actually notice it long before that. Good luck! Make sure you eat regularly - maybe 4 meals (with calories divided more or less equally) so you don't have blood sugar crashes...
  • Dramatic456
    Dramatic456 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. (1) Try to figure out what "triggers" your brain to want sugar. For me example, after dinner if I watch tv, i want dessert. If I do something else sometimes I'll forget about it! See if there is any specific behavior that brings on the cravings. (2) You can try sugar-less gum in a variety of flavors and keep it on hand. (3) Diet soda in fun flavors like rootbeer or cream soda (don't over do it though). (4) Fruit in small portions (fruit can have a ton of sugar too!) (5) diet hot cocoa is okay depending on the brand/ flavor. (6) mini chocolate bars (but only if you can control yourself and not eat the whole bag! (7) plain yogurt with fresh berries and a little no-cal sweetner and vanilla extract is my favorite!

Lastly, sounds like you need to have a kitchen excorcism-- get all the junk out. The easiest way to get rid of junk food in your diet, is to get it out of your house. If you live with other people, have them hide it away from you, and get them on-board with your plan! Certain things ( like nutella and icecream) I just love TOO much to keep in the house! I'll have them when I go out as a treat, but never at home where the entire container is available to me!
  • sarina1973
    Options
    Do you drink a lot of diet soda? Or Tea with articial sweetners? If so try cutting all those out and see if your sweet tooth
    goes back to a more normal rate. 20 years ago I was living in Texas and it was so hot I started drinking a lot of big diet sodas
    from the gas stations and tea with equal . I had an out of control sweet tooth. I did a lot of reading about it and found out that
    because artifical sweetners are so much really sweeter then sugar it tricks our body in to wanting more and more sweets.
    Ater a couple of years of out of control sweets I stopped all diet soda and never use artifical sweetners and sure enough got
    it under control. I find during Christmas when I let my self have more sweets the more you eat the more and more you crave and want. I for sure have a sweet tooth still do not get me wrong but I have learned to keep it under control most of the time.
  • timlord
    timlord Posts: 158
    Options
    fresh fruit, cut up into small pieces to fool your head into thinking you are getting more
  • End6ame
    End6ame Posts: 903
    Options
    If you like chocolate just eat chocolate. I intentionally work in chocolate or other junk food into my day some times and, psychologically, it is good for you. The key is just moderation.

Aside from that I have a bowl of yogurt, fruit and granola at times that is quite satisfying in the sweet sense. Get whole milk yogurt and it is quite filling too.
  • Hodar
    Hodar Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I love my carbs - and have a sweet tooth to boot.

So, for whatever it's worth; consider this. Orville Redenbacher's microwave CARMEL popcorn.

This is my 'treat'. A whole bag of carmel goodness for 400 calories. Hot, sticky and sweet. It's practially a whole meal in and of itself. So, when you bypass the lifestyle landmines (cookies), just tell yourself that you have a packet of this stuff waiting for you at home - that's what I do.

They come 2 in a box, for $1.96 at Walmart. Now, if you REALLY love popcorn (and I do); what I do is pop a bag full of the Pop Weaver's Lite Butter popcorn, AND a bag of the Orville Redenbacher's popcorn (210 calories) - mix the popcorn together in a BIG old bowl (and get the old maids out while you are at it). Then you take the carmel pouch out, cut it in 4 pieces and microwave the carmel for 1.5 minutes - then mix it all together.

You wind up with LOTS of carmel popcorn and a meal of 610 calories - and you will be FULL. Add a Dt. Coke and a movie; and that's your Supper and treat all in one.
  • sarina1973
    Options
    Also i should say that I let myself almost daily have a small bit of a treat ,some times I just do not want it . I do if I eat heathly meals and never let myself get to hungry eatting fruit and heathly snacks I find I do much better too. The ones of us that do
    have sweet tooth by nature can not just go cold turkey for long periods or we will binge on it. Hope this helps also there are I
    I sure many reasons as to why the body craves what it craves this is just what I found to be a help :)
  • MyFriendLinn
    MyFriendLinn Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I love chocolate..........but would recommend you have some healthier choices in your house. I know not to have chocolate cookies on hand.......keep only healthy food choices. Fruit, boiled eggs. yogart *though watch the sodium" . Once you get on healthy food options you don't want sugary calories......you learn to grave fresh. A favorite of mine this summer is watermelon, fresh, tasty and almost no calories, a true guilt free snack.

Now, I hope you truly enjoyed the cookies, we get sooooooo distracted by guilt or anger at ourselves,, truly let it go, its over, noooooo biggie, get right back on track at your next meal and back with you exercise program.

Have a great day, and congratulations on conscious eating....and reporting, you get a pat on your back from me!!

Weight loss and your new healthy lifestyle is a journey.......not a sprint.