Pro-tip: Wasabi Peas

Options
_Waffle_
_Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
Don't rub your eyes while you're eating Wasabi peas.

That is all.

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I like wasabi peas because they make me slow down my snacking. You only try once to put a big handful of them in your mouth.

Sorry about your eyes. The burn settles down after a while.
  • sylkates
    sylkates Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Similar advice for when applying spices to dinner or lunch with your hands.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Or apply contact lenses! Lesson learned
  • Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Wasabi peas have their own built-in portion control too. I can only eat so many of them before I have to stop because I can't handle the wasabi, lol.
  • Wicked_Seraph
    Wicked_Seraph Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »

OW OW OW OW OW

I thought I knew pain when I accidentally put in a contact inside-out. You have proven me wrong.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    I pickle my own jalapenos and never wear gloves because they generally don't bother me....until I take my contacts out hours later after washing my hands several times under the nails.
  • michmill98_1
    michmill98_1 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I pickle my own jalapenos and never wear gloves because they generally don't bother me....until I take my contacts out hours later after washing my hands several times under the nails.

I used to make jalapeno jelly. One year, I didn't have any gloves and thought no big deal since most of the fine chopping was done in the blender anyway. All I had to manually do was a rough chop and some deseeding so it was more of a medium vs hot spice for my MIL. We were living in a house without a dishwasher at the time, so all the dishes had to be washed by hand anyway. Made jelly in the morning, washed dishes, made lunch, washed dishes with a new dishcloth, made dinner, washed dishes along with general handwashing during the day. Tried to take out my contacts that night - uh oh! I got them out but ended up wearing my glasses for the next three days before I could get them back in again without burning.
  • Queenmunchy
    Options
    @michmill98_1 - it's the worst, lol!
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »

OW OW OW OW OW

I thought I knew pain when I accidentally put in a contact inside-out. You have proven me wrong.

Try accidentally flicking toothpaste in your eye just after putting your contacts in - pure pain. I couldn't even get it together enough to pick or wash the damn contact out.

OP, I feel your pain. Well, similar pain. Except I just accidentally (and thoroughly) chewed some dried Thai chili peppers. I thought I'd removed all of them from the soup I made last night, but no. One of the *kitten* slipped through. I actually considered leaving work to get some milk or something to help with the ball of fire that was my mouth for the last half hour or so, but things seem to be calming down.
  • Queenmunchy
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Ha, one time I made a picadillo recipe that had a range of peppers to use (ie, 1-3, etc). Because I love spice, I thought I'd add it all! For 6 servings or so, I used 4 whole jalapenos and 3 whole chipotle peppers.

I also remember working at a bar in my early twenties. I used to season my mac and cheese with Franks so the entire thing was pink. Sodium bomb, but I digress. So someone gave me the hottest hot sauce (it was a BBQ/smokehouse/bar with a ton of them) and I used it the same way. One bite and I bolted out of the door running around the parking lot because it was so hot. It took me a good half an hour to return.