Fat chest (photos)

Options
Ok so alittle back ground I've been living in NY for about 5 months moved from California. and i started lifting weights / bulking to increase my muscle mass for about 2 months consistently these are my most recent photos ickb259iilvy.jpeg
ffza8gi6dwpf.jpeg
so what my problem is as you maybe able to see is have a bit of fat on my chest and they look like boobs so i was wondering after gaining more muscle in my chest area will it start to fill in? And not be so poky around the nipples. Some may say to cut but see me obviously cutting isnt a option unless i want to look like a stick because i have low muscle mass as it is Please comment your thoughts.

Replies

• wakamaka
    wakamaka Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    You could go for a linear growth program to slowly get stronger if you don't want to do the whole bulk/cut routine. But yes, working your chest more would benefit you. But you'd also probably need to cut.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I would feel your chest to see if you actually have breast tissue. If it's just fat, yes, no worries. But if you have developed tissue it can be gynecomastia which may have to be surgically removed or treated with hormones.

p.s. it's hard to tell from this angle, it's usually easier to tell from the side. Either way, i would take your hand in a fist position and run it along your entire pectoral side to side and top to bottom. The nipple area especially should push in and you shouldn't feel any mass behind it. If you feel mass a nodule or tissue, then i'd go to the doctor to see what my options were.
  • pbryd
    pbryd Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    It could be a bad photo of your back, but I'd be more worried about the curvature of your spine.
  • itsflaccoi
    itsflaccoi Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    pbryd wrote: »
    It could be a bad photo of your back, but I'd be more worried about the curvature of your spine.
    i was twisting a little bit

• itsflaccoi
    itsflaccoi Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    I would feel your chest to see if you actually have breast tissue. If it's just fat, yes, no worries. But if you have developed tissue it can be gynecomastia which may have to be surgically removed or treated with hormones.

p.s. it's hard to tell from this angle, it's usually easier to tell from the side. Either way, i would take your hand in a fist position and run it along your entire pectoral side to side and top to bottom. The nipple area especially should push in and you shouldn't feel any mass behind it. If you feel mass a nodule or tissue, then i'd go to the doctor to see what my options were.

Yeah im almost sure its not gyno or anything because ive been mainly overweight my entire life never been lean or close and i dont feel and hard balls in there or anything
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »

It doesn't look like gynecomastia to me.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    You will have to put up where the fat lies until you gain enough muscle to cut and get rid of them. Genetics determine fat disposition. If anything, it will probably get worse until you cut.

How much weight did you gain?
  • HamsterManV2
    HamsterManV2 Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Build more chest muscle. What is your program? If I were you, I'd be doing ICF3x5, and possibly add an extra chest exercise (incline barbell/dumbbell press OR cable flies) at the end (on top of doing your regular bench work).

When I was doing an upper/lower split (PHUL), I found that two chest exercises really helps the pec development: - incline barbell or dumbbell press, and cable flies/crossovers. Regular flat benching is good to build strength (high weight low rep, like 3sets of 5reps), then the other stuff with higher rep ranges and lower weight.

Be sure to be doing appropriate back work so your shoulders don't roll in! Too many guys focus on chest and forego back, causing postural and shoulder problems.
  • Rom3oJuli3tt
    Rom3oJuli3tt Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'd focus on doing a light cut first to see where you're at. It's never advised to start bulking if you're over ~10% BF to begin with. You're going to have a VERY difficult time seeing any gains as you pack on more BF through your bulk.

Strip it all back, get your nutrition on point first and foremost because without that you won't be seeing much of anything.