Low cal snack ideas?

Options
Hey folks! This is my first time using a discussion board on here. I am looking for tips for snacks that are low in calories. I am a snacker...I love to eat all day long, but I also love sugar. I know this combination is not good! I need some good ideas for healthy, low calorie snacks that will help fill me up so I don't go crazy for sugar. Tips??? :)

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,019 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    You just have to work on it and pick foods you like.

I don't snack much, if I do it's a small amount of almonds, or some raw vegetables and hummus, or yogurt, or cottage cheese with fresh fruit or vegetables. It's good to try to get protein in every snack. How about ham or turkey with a couple slices of tomato, a deviled egg, tuna?
  • CorneliusPhoton
    CorneliusPhoton Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    1/2 apple with some almond butter smeared on it
    Plain popcorn
    or, very tasty Annie's Boom Chicka Pop popcorn (70 calories per cup)
    Oikos Triple Zero yogurt
  • incisron
    incisron Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Have sweet fruit, and Outshine fruit bars - bars of real fruit for 60 calories apiece.
  • incisron
    incisron Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Try pink lady apples. Also, if you also like salty snacks, try smartfood and wise food airpopped cheddar popcorn.
  • TxTiffani
    TxTiffani Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I also like to snack a lot. I have recently started intermittent fasting so instead of eating from say 8 am-8 pm I eat 12pm - 8 pm or 2pm -8pm. That way I don't have to stretch my calories as long & feel like I get to eat more even tho it's the same amount of cals. I have found it much easier than I thought:) I like healthy choice fudge ice cream bars for 80 cals, apple slices dipped in 80 cal vanilla Greek yogurt, 100 cal granola bars, Hershey kisses ~ 22 cal/ea, diet dp. I know those aren't all "healthy" suggestions in some people's eyes but it's what I like;)
  • cecsav1
    cecsav1 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I mix protein powder with Greek yogurt, eat a couple of eggs, eat some tuna mixed with 1 T each sugar free relish and mayo, or eat leftover veggies from the night before
  • endlessfall16
    endlessfall16 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    My wife is a snacker. We just cut up a lot of jicama and leave it on the counter top all day. It's crunchy, cool, lightly sweet and low calories.
  • Lovely_Twila
    Lovely_Twila Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Try Skinny Cow and similar snacks to start and slowly reduce the amount of snacks as you get used to. Do everything gradually so you can keep it up. Don't try to completely give it up
  • 85Cardinals
    85Cardinals Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    string cheese wrapped with a slice of bacon, less than 100 calories and quite satisfying indeed.
  • tamyena
    tamyena Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I just discovered a great no sugar snack! Sugar free Jello chocolate pudding, or any flavor, actually, FROZEN!! It satisfied the sweet tooth and the snack at only 60 calories!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Get a jicama. Carefully cut it into 100g portions. Refrigerate them. When you want a sweet snack, get one. It's crunchy, sweet, low calorie and low sodium. The mystery of the perfect snack has been solved.