Desperate need of help.

Options
Kassa91
Kassa91 Posts: 2 Member
Hello all, My name is Kassandra I am 24 years old 5'5 (maybe 5'6) weigh in about 105. I am in desperate need of help on gaining weight. My weight goal is 120. I'm new to this and having a hard time as my metabolism is extremely high. Any advise or meal plans someone could get me woul be greatly appreciate.

I'm hoping to gain this weight within a month (not sure if that's even possible but please help me if you can
Thank you all in advance. :)

Replies

• jalynwatson21
    jalynwatson21 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Normally it takes 3,500 calories to gain one pound. It is up to your workout regime whether you will gain fat or muscle. So if you eat 2,000 calories a day, try adding 300 calories, so 2,300 a day. By the end of the week you should be gaining a pound to two pounds. If you really feel up to it, you can try to eat that much in a day. However, you may get stretch marks and other things from gaining weight very quickly. Personally, I would recommend doing it slowly. If your metabolism is very high, this may not work exactly how I'm saying it.

I recommend making smoothies and juices whenever possible. To fit in extra calories, try adding peanut butter when you eat apples, extra condiments with salads, and high-calorie bread with sandwiches. In the evening try to have pasta. Noodles are rather high in calories, and sauces can be also. But make sure to have a healthy ratio of carbs, protein, and fat. This can be viewed on the app.

I struggle with being underweight, but am muscular. I am working on gaining "murves" (muscle/curves) by weightlifting nearly everyday. I know a couple of good programs for weightlifting aimed towards women. Haha, that's how I went from a size zero to size seven in jeans just by my glutes increasing in size.

If you have any other questions feel free to message me or add me as a friend. Just try to be patient and kind to yourself, ok?
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    edited June 2016
    Options
    The majority of people dont actually have high metabolism but rather eating patterns that dont enable them to eat enough calories to gain or are very active.

With that said, how many calories are you eating? Also note that 15 lbs in a month is very aggressive and would probably require over 4000 calories or more a day which is very taxing on a lot of people.

Why not start by eat more nutrient dense foods and finding out the level of calories you need.

If you need ideas the below thread is helpful.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10326769/are-you-a-hard-gainer-please-read#latest
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    You can't gain it in a month
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »
    The majority of people dont actually have high metabolism but rather eating patterns that dont enable them to eat enough calories to gain or are very active.

With that said, how many calories are you eating? Also note that 15 lbs in a month is very aggressive and would probably require over 4000 calories or more a day which is very taxing on a lot of people.

Why not start by eat more nutrient dense foods and finding out the level of calories you need.

If you need ideas the below thread is helpful.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10326769/are-you-a-hard-gainer-please-read#latest

This
  • psuLemon
    Options
    You can't gain it in a month

Well you can but it would require a daily suplus of 1750 calories which is uber aggressive. And considering i gained 7 lbs from a vacation in disney i got faith (well i gained 10 but 3 was from additional glycogen, sodium, misc)
  • CalebUnland
    CalebUnland Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have talk with one of the US top trainers and he told me to eat a lot. Mostly nutrient based with lots of good fats and carbs. Avoid processed foods. If you work out, make sure you have slow burning proteins before a work out and fast burning proteins after
  • simmoner4
    simmoner4 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat as you!!!! My diary is open to friends, I am going to add you if that's alright. I've been trying to hit 2200 calories but it is so hard for me. Avocado and nuts are what I've been using for more calories.
  • psuLemon
    Options
    simmoner4 wrote: »
    I am in the same boat as you!!!! My diary is open to friends, I am going to add you if that's alright. I've been trying to hit 2200 calories but it is so hard for me. Avocado and nuts are what I've been using for more calories.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10326769/are-you-a-hard-gainer-please-read/p1

Use that thread. And if you have to, drink calories.. chocolate/strawberry milk is an easy way to add calories without filling you up too much. Add in some protein and the calories can add up quickly.
  • LEichentuch
    LEichentuch Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    The one thing that helped me gain weight is eating 5 times a day. I never liked the feeling of having a really full stomach. Eating 5 times a day allows me to eat less with each meal, which made it comfortable to eat more in total.
  • mankars
    mankars Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Try eating loads of carbs & sugars along with a high fat diet.
    A high fats, high carbs diet should help you gain pounds... how I know, because it always works with me. ;-)

On a serious note, it's not healthy to gain that much weight in one month as sudden weight gains causes shift in your hormones and that can give rise to different issues.

All the best!!
  • NaomiAnna22
    NaomiAnna22 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    ensure enlive shakes, they're good and 350 calories and 20 grams of protein in a small bottle.
  • Erik8484
    Erik8484 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Why?