Can you get drunk and still lose weight?

Options
13»

Replies

• emz_1993
    emz_1993 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    If you are debating about whether you can stop, and you know it is interfering with your life, this is a strong sign that you may be an alcoholic. Sorry to be so blunt, but as a doctor I hear this story all the time. You need to so some heavy consideration of your relationship to alcohol, and decide what you are going to do about it.

I drink like twice a month I'm not an alcholic.
  • emz_1993
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »
    If you are debating about whether you can stop, and you know it is interfering with your life, this is a strong sign that you may be an alcoholic. Sorry to be so blunt, but as a doctor I hear this story all the time. You need to so some heavy consideration of your relationship to alcohol, and decide what you are going to do about it.

That's a lot of assumption and projection from one post.

Thank you!

• emz_1993
    Options
    I have blow outs once in a while. More than the alcohol, it's the late night rampage...Mexican food (nachos), ice cream, a nd whatever else. The alcohol itself doesn't do much, I don't think. It's the inhibitions that lower my control over food. And it turns into a pig out. If I could calm the food problem, I don't think my occasional drinking binges would be problematic.

I'm the same way the drunken food choices aren't the best.. Neither are the hung over ones!
  • Wicked_Seraph
    Wicked_Seraph Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    You can still drink and lose weight. I've noticed that it does stall my weight loss, but that has nothing to do with alcohol and everything to do with what I've been eating - more specifically, eating a boatload of carbs and high-sodium foods. YMMV, but I log poorly - or not at all - if I've had something to drink. I'm pretty sure I've been guilty of wiping out my week's deficit because of foods I've eaten after a drink or two. Add in the drinks themselves and perhaps not drinking enough water in-between...

Yeah. I say you should certainly enjoy yourself, but be mindful that other factors may halt weight loss a tad. Just enjoy it and pick up the next day :smile: