Moms with small children support!

Options
I have 4 small children (oldest one is 5!) and I am having the hardest time getting motivated and finding time to exercise! I have a gym membership and I never go. I've lost weight in the past, but with so much going on, what I did before isn't working - don't have time for that! Would love some ideas, support, motivation. Feel free to friend me. And would love any advice/tips!

Replies

• ivetteu87
    ivetteu87 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Wow! Four kiddies! I applaud you! You must be super woman! I have two and I feel overwhelmed at times and I feel like I could never get enough sleep. My youngest is 3 months old and she just adjusted to better sleeping routines, so now I'm sleeping a little better. Still I can't find the motivation I need to start talking care of my self. I find it easier to take baby steps, like counting calories with this app. I haven't started exercising yet but I think I will start walking first because I can't jog yet due to me breastfeeding. Good luck mom! You can do it!
  • jodichristine02
    jodichristine02 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My youngest is just over a year old, so it wasn't long ago that I was where you are at! Nursing definitely makes any kind of exercise more difficult! I was walking regularly a while ago, but need to get back to the routine! I was thinking of signing up for a 5k in the fall to give me some motivation to walk and then starting jogging too.
  • mysticatgal1
    mysticatgal1 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    wow you are super mom. my 2 kids are 18 months apart and that was enough to tell me I'm done. Gyms with childcare is great to help. I do half hour workouts at home after bed or during naps, I found I used that half hour really well vs putzing and wasting time at the gym. I got moving anytime my kids weren't on me or nursing. I also encouraged my kids to do cosmic kids yoga or dancing with me so we all move. It's tough but motivation is the key and you have that!
  • KayDestruct
    KayDestruct Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I started looking for cheap work out equipment to bring home at first before my children started getting older. Youngest is 2. They're all on the same routine. Same down time, same bed time :) I wake up before they all do(it takes time to adjust to it), which is around 6 or 5:30. I clean up the house, or get some exercise in. I sometimes work out when they lay down for down time. I consider that me time. I also go to the gym after the husband gets off work and can take over for a moment. Sometimes the hardest part is just getting started. But once you do? You'll be happy you did :) feel free to add me!
  • a_candler
    a_candler Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I workout from home doing videos from YouTube. When they were younger I shot for nap time, now they're bigger I try to shoot them to the bedroom with Netflix to occupy them.