20 Worst Healthy Snacks For Weight Loss

Options
We all relish snacks. So much so that more than one half of Americans consider them to be excellent meal replacements, if a recent report by Nielsen is to be believed. This isn’t all that bad. Healthy snacks, particularly those rich in protein can dampen appetite, enhance dietary quality and even fast track the weight loss process. Nevertheless, quite a large number of snacks can rapidly lead to weight gain when consumed immoderately. Most of these snacks tend to make us feel that we consuming less calories and therefore lead to weight loss, but some might addictive due to high refined sugars. Below is a review of 20 worst healthy snacks for weight loss, which you should be aware of.

http://www.myweightlosss.com/20-worst-healthy-snacks-for-weight-loss/

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,547 Member
    Options
    OP, don't be fooled by sites that actually have no idea how physiology actually works.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    We all relish snacks. So much so that more than one half of Americans consider them to be excellent meal replacements, if a recent report by Nielsen is to be believed. This isn’t all that bad. Healthy snacks, particularly those rich in protein can dampen appetite, enhance dietary quality and even fast track the weight loss process. Nevertheless, quite a large number of snacks can rapidly lead to weight gain when consumed immoderately. Most of these snacks tend to make us feel that we consuming less calories and therefore lead to weight loss, but some might addictive due to high refined sugars. Below is a review of 20 worst healthy snacks for weight loss, which you should be aware of.

ah eating anything "immoderately" will lead to weight gain...
  • tryett
    tryett Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    That is bull hockey.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    synacious wrote: »
    What a dumb article. Full of nonsense.

This^
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    Those are the 20 worst? Really? Also, I know the jury is still out on MSG, but how many calories are in it, do you think? Yeah, that's what I thought. This article is idiotic.
  • chalaivy
    chalaivy Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    lolwut
  • Zella_11
    Zella_11 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I love my snacks. The linked article is just silly. Of course if you eat too many snacks, you'll gain weight--if you have a calorie surplus, you'll gain. I have snacks everyday but stay within my daily calorie limit--I'm eating at a caloric deficit, so I consistently lose weight. :)
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    ...Nevertheless, quite a large number of snacks can rapidly lead to weight gain when consumed immoderately...

No *puppy*, Sherlock.

• alexreyn13
    alexreyn13 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    So this article just assumes that people have no self control, by saying "these foods may only have x number of calories, but eat too much of it and you'll get fat" o'rly? Too much of any food can make you fat? I never knew that.
  • sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    I didn't get past the part that says almonds are bad for me because they are roasted at high heat.
  • richln
    richln Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    I read up through #8. I rolled my eyes so hard I think I pulled something and need to take a break.
  • Pictoria
    Pictoria Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Under "Plain Rice Cakes"....... "This means they can offer a rush of energy, but will leave you feeling hungry in just a matter of a few hours after consumption."
    Erm, isn't that absolutely normal? What an idiot.
  • laurelann19
    laurelann19 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Pictoria wrote: »
    Under "Plain Rice Cakes"....... "This means they can offer a rush of energy, but will leave you feeling hungry in just a matter of a few hours after consumption."

Especially since a rice cake is only, like, 35 calories...? I'd say it's a pretty good bang for your (kcal) buck.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options

Welcome! Thanks for posting the link to the article.

It's really easy to be fooled by the nonsense in the article. Food type has nothing to do with weight management, it's all about how much you eat. In other words, you can eat anything you want ad still lose weight as long as you eat less calories than you burn.

However, I do agree that a lot of those wonderful foods in that article are calorie dense and easy to overeat if one is not paying attention. That's where weighing food on a scale and logging everything you eat comes in, and making sure you are eating correct portions.

The part I put in bold is silly. Weight gain does not happen rapidly unless you are eating way over your total daily energy expenditure or you have a medical issue that needs attention. :)

• Monklady123
    Monklady123 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Pictoria wrote: »

Of course rice cakes are dangerous! I mean, a plain one tastes like cardboard -- so, slather on that peanut butter! hehehehe

{peanut butter in any form... for me, it's dangerous because I can eat too much without realizing, which is of course the point of using a scale, which I do.}

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    1. You're buying the wrong almomds if yours are roasted in oil. Dry roasted almomds are my world

2. Gluten free isn't synonymous with healthy? Alert the presses!

3. Are rice cakes still a thing? Does the GI index matter once you put peanut butter on them?

4. So chocolate chips are fine if I can find them individually wrapped? *wanders off to buy some Hershey's kisses*

5. When you add calorie-dense foods to frozen yogurt the calories go up? Again, I'll stop the presses for this one.

6. Granula... I'm done.

Did anyone actually make it to 20?