Breakfast Issue

Options
I'm fairly new to this. I've never really been a breakfast person but have been forcing myself to eat something within 20-30 minutes of waking up. Occasionally I will get nauseous. This morning I drank approximately 16 oz of cold water ate my breakfast along with my vitamins. About 5-10 minutes later I attempted to do some light yoga. After about 5 minutes into it everything came back up. Any suggestions/advice? Open diary.

Thanks in advance!! :)

Replies

• tryett
    tryett Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Eat later if it doesn't work for you. Like a mud morning snack. And it doesn't have to be traditional breakfast food either.
  • wdyh2l
    wdyh2l Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Don't eat breakfast! Just wait until you feel hungry. It doesn't matter when you eat your calories, and not eating breakfast won't prevent you from reaching your goals.
  • xmichaelyx
    xmichaelyx Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    You don't need to eat breakfast.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    You don't have to eat breakfast.
  • Jams009
    Jams009 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Why are you forcing yourself to eat? There's nothing magical about breakfast; skip it if you don't like eating early.
  • pdo27789
    pdo27789 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I'd argue that breakfast is very important! Short term gain when you're young, will come back to haunt you when age becomes a factor!

That being said, every body is different. I start every day with a full glass of water, then eat half hour or so later.

Don't force it. There is no need to eat so soon after waking.
  • BeYouTiful94
    BeYouTiful94 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    If you're not hungry at a traditional breakfast time, then don't eat! Some people don't eat until lunch, simply because they weren't hungry any earlier than that. No need to force it, especially if it makes you sick
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,840 Member
    Options
  • Monklady123
    Monklady123 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I agree, don't eat if you're not hungry. Just keep the rest of your morning in mind and plan accordingly. For example, I'm a substitute teacher most days. If I haven't taken a job for a particular day and I know I'll be home then I don't eat anything but my coffee until maybe 9:30 or even 10:00 which is when I'm naturally hungry. But on days when I'm subbing I do force myself to eat something -- some cheese, or a small amount of Greek yogurt (good protein), or one egg, or some almonds... Just something. I have to do that because as a teacher there is NO time to stop and eat until the kids go to lunch. So I have to eat something if I'm not going to get really hungry mid-morning.

Also, sometimes when I'm home I'll just eat leftovers from the previous night's dinner at around 10:30 or 11:00. So I guess that's "brunch". lol. I also like traditional breakfast foods for dinner. So yeah, eat whenever you want as long as it works for the rest of your day. (and fits into your calorie goal of course...)

• silvilunazul
    silvilunazul Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I eat two breakfasts: one before working out which consists of one piece of fruit (a nectarine, a plum, a clementine) and the actual breakfast after I worked out. If I work out fasted I feel I don't have as much energy; if I eat full breakfast first I feel too bloated to work out. Find out what works for you. It still counts as breakfast as long as it's the first meal of they day, no matter what time you eat it at!
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,972 Member
    Options
    You don't have to eat breakfast. Just eat your first meal when you are ready.
  • Ck103084
    Ck103084 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I'm not a morning eater either. I eat 'breakfast' near 10 or 11 and 'lunch' around 2 or 3 and 'dinner' around 6 or 7. Eating that early just doesn't agree with everyone. *Shrugs* Hope this helps! Good luck!
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I agree that eating breakfast is optional, but if you are taking vitamins, consider how much you eat. If I take my vitamins without food or with too small of an amount, I get sick as well. I'm not sure if it's related to volume or a specific macro, but it does matter.
  • mmarshall425
    mmarshall425 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the input! I will try making some of these adjustments.
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    If your multivitamin has iron in it, eat with food! Iron pills are very hard on the stomach. I only took vitamins when pregnant and I had to take before bed with a snack to avoid the nausea.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Wait till you get hungry and then eat. Whether it's 20 min after you wake or 2 hrs. Listen to your body.
  • GoMom2016
    GoMom2016 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    It may be your vitamins. If I take mine right in the morning with very little food and a lot of water, I throw up within minutes. I have to wait until lunch time and take them in a nice full stomach, then I'm fine.
  • markswife1992
    markswife1992 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    my son never eats breakfast. he is just not hungry until he's been awake for several hours, which is typically lunchtime. dont' force feed.
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    I drink my breakfast just because I get woozy at the gym if I don't. Otherwise I probably wouldn't eat until 1pm.