Sweet tooth

Options
I have the biggest sweet tooth ever. Does anyone else have this problem? I can eat clean for lunch, breakfast, and dinner, but I'll crave chocolate or something sweet in between meals all the time. It's probably why I gained two pounds in just three months.

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Have you tried pre-logging a treat each day or leaving a set amount of calories free for a treat? That way you can indulge your sweet tooth and stay within your goals.

• T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    Options
    Me. been horrible lately. sucks. and i have no solution lol.
  • roguesixx
    roguesixx Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    A spoonfull of coconut oil or manuka honey curbs my cravings. Or I'll have a chocolate milkshake made with skimmed milk or rice milk made with nesquick powder. Sorts me right out.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I make room in my calories for treats.
  • riley_kinnett
    riley_kinnett Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    If you like ice cream, try Arctic Zero. Kind of expensive ($5/pint) but most of them are about 300 cal/pint. They are gluten free, some are lactose free, and are pretty good. I usually get the brownie blast one which has dark chocolate chips in it and tastes really good. You can find them at Walmart or target or meijer. Usually solves my sweet tooth, and only 75 cal/serving.
  • alvarado984
    alvarado984 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just stop, if you have a goal and the craving is beating you everytime then you really don't want to loose those extra pounds. 99% of the time it's will power. Fruits are a great sweat snack fyi.
  • Vicxie86
    Vicxie86 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I would beg to defer that i have the worst sweet tooth but then so will all things sweet lovers out there. I just went out and bought me ben&jerry's caramel chew chew and weighed out half the container because i was netting under 800kcal for the day and still left with roughly 380kcals. Perfect excuse :blush: . As long as it fits into your daily allowance, why not.
  • __leis__
    __leis__ Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Chocolate chip cookie dough lara bars are sweet and yummy! Also, you can make "snickers" by stuffing a date with some chunky peanut butter and drizzling or coating it with melted chocolate chips. If I don't have time to melt chocolate or I want a quick snack you can just stuff them with chocolate also, soooo good!
  • trixiex
    trixiex Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    10 calorie jelly pots! They are sweet enough to take the edge off :#
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,003 Member
    Options
    I eat sweets everyday. I put real sugar in my coffee and eat sweet treats too. My favorite right now is Greek yogurt. I love the Chobani flips and several of the flavors have chocolate in them. I just fit stuff like that into my goals.
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    Sugary foods is a pretty big failing in my food choices, especially chocolate. Usually I'm good about fitting them into my food goal, but sometimes I'm a little over. I just try and do the best I can.
  • Tyrannasaur
    Tyrannasaur Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have a sweet tooth as well. What works for me is finding low calorie sweets I like (10cal jelly pots, 90cal chocolate mouse, smaller multipack versions of chocolate I like), and making sure I have some in the flat and work it into my daily calorie goal. Avoids you going to the shop with a craving and going over.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Just stop, if you have a goal and the craving is beating you everytime then you really don't want to loose those extra pounds. 99% of the time it's will power. Fruits are a great sweat snack fyi.
    I really want to lose the weight.

I also plan on eating some ice cream later on. I've eaten something sweet nearly everyday and am losing at the rate I'd like to.

• OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    I really want to lose the weight.

I also plan on eating some ice cream later on. I've eaten something sweet nearly everyday and am losing at the rate I'd like to.

That.
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    I like to find lower calorie versions of items too- I heard halo Top ice cream is good- Artic zero is good in some flavors(to me)- I LOVE Edy;s slow churned ice creams- and their are fiber one cookies etc- BUT you just have to make sure they fit in your calorie allowance and give yourself a sweet treat-(if you can eat and then stop)
  • mathiseasy
    mathiseasy Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    My sweet tooth will be my demise I swear. I try to make room for something sweet in my daily allotment, whether it be chocolate, fruit or ice cream
  • sarabushby
    sarabushby Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I made these at the weekend, they'd totally satisfy your sweet tooth and came out to just 108cal each of which 30 of that is from 75g walnuts I added. And the 108 includes the 100g dark choc I put in to make them even better. I used 1/2cup Truvia as the sweetener.

So, I urge you to try a warm square of this with some fresh strawberries or sliced banana and a dollop of no fat Greek yoghurt. Really not that calorific for a pretty indulgent feeling dessert.

https://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=2026989
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I have to have something sweet every day too. I fit in chocolatey protein bars that are around 200cals, sugar free pudding at 60-70cals, artic zero/skinny cow ice cream 76-130cals, bite size candy for around 45cals, 100cal cookie packs. 90cal fiber one bars are awesome. The list goes on from there. Fruits are great too. You don't have to give it up. There are tons of things that can easily fit.