Struggling with weight loss

Options
Green605
Green605 Posts: 15 Member
edited June 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
I am trying to lose weight. It is very frustrating for me. I walk on a treadmill and also walk to the park. I also do running and biking. When I see how many calories I eat it says I should take in a little over 2000 calories. I don't understand how I am not losing as much weight as I would like to. I also drink a lot of fluid. My weight goes up and down from day to day. This is very confusing for me.

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    How much weight have you lost so far and how long did it take you?
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    1. Weight fluctuates from day to day.
    2. What are your stats?
    3. Are you weighing your food with a food scale?
    4. Where is this 2000 calorie number coming from?
  • Green605
    Green605 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Yeah I used to be really big. I used to be over 300 lbs. I am a male. I got the 2,300 calorie a day rule from the myfitnesspal food journal. It told me that amount of calories. I do a lot of walking many miles of walking its hard to believe.
  • tiddolski
    tiddolski Posts: 32 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Maybe bring your calories back a little bit, instead of 2000 try between 1500-1800? See how that works over a week or so.

Also make sure you weigh things so that the calories are right just incase you may be overestimating a few things by "eyeballing"
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Ok, have you updated your calories since you've lost?

Assuming your calorie goal is current, you need to tighten up your logging, weigh your food on a food scale if you are not, and stay the course. Definitely stop weighing yourself every day so that the very normal fluctuations don't deter you.