A little help

Options
"I've been trying to lose the same 10 pounds for a year," is what I said last year. Now I'm saying I want to lose 20 because I gained 10 pounds in holiday weight and it didn't help that both my grandparents passed away within 11 days of each other, so April added some more weight. My life goal is to be around 125. At this time last year I was 135, but now I'm 145. I have to admit I was 150 back in April, but things have settled down. I miss the way I looked at 135 because I looked more fit and had less "jiggle." I didn't realize it at this time last year, but I liked the way I looked at 135 and would do anything to get it back. After all it sounds a lot better to be 10 pounds from your life goal than 20. Also I am doing the same exercises, if not more than I was doing last year. I eat okayish. Any ideas on why these 10 pounds won't budge because I used to lose weight pretty quickly. I mean when I was 165 it took me 2 months to lose 15 pounds and from there I didn't do much because of school. Summer came and I went from 150 to 140 in one month. Last year after the holidays I was 145, but got to 135 within about a month. Help

Replies

• AuroraGeorge8393
    AuroraGeorge8393 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss.

I can't say why you are having this problem, but I know that once upon a time I could cut junk food out of my diet, and magically, the weight would drop off. At some point, this strategy stopped working. I woke up one morning and realized that I'd slowly gained 60 pounds.

I came on MFP and met people who weighed and logged their food. This seemed odd to me, but I tried it, and it worked. I lost 31 pounds in six months.

My suggestion would be this:

1. Buy a food scale. It will allow you to more accurately count calories.

2. Start logging everything you eat. Also log everything you drink (unless it's water).

I also bought a Fitbit Zip to help be determine how many calories I burn each day.

Eating healthy food can contribute to good health (we all know carrots are more healthy than bonbons, after all), but it has nothing to do with weight loss. Even people on very healthy diets can gain weight if they are consuming more calories than they burn each day.