Anyone with cancer trying to maintain weight and nutrition

Options
ftwmc
ftwmc Posts: 47 Member
Hi, I've been diagnosed terminal with cancer and am reaponding well to treatment weight fluctuates up and down and am having trouble keeping it stable and getting nutrition.
Anyone have or had similar problems?

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I really think you should discuss this with your medical team.
  • ftwmc
    Options
    Have done this but find that mainstream medicine just give you a pill to fix everything. Ive been on chemo for 12 months plus now and by doet and nutrition have not had any side wffects from the drugs. At the start my hair fell out etc but nurses and doctors have shown me what was causing this. By eating the right foods and diet supplements I have reversed these. My diagnosis has gone from 3 months to maybe 3 years now. I am looking for people doing the chemo thing for advice and support on haw they are managing things thanks
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    weight fluctuates day to day,hr by hr,. so I wouldnt worry about it fluctuating at all, as its normal.you cannot keep your weight at say 150lbs all day every day. it doesnt work that way. there are many reasons why weight fluctuates. just keep doing whatever you are doing to keep yourself as healthy as you can.I am sorry you are having to go through this. by fluctuating do you mean like 10 lbs more one day than another or like 1 month you are 150 and the next 125 or more?
  • ftwmc
    Options
    Fluctuates about 20lbs per fortnight. Large enough that i need two wardrobes
  • nitesky83
    nitesky83 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    On days where you do not have an appetite, add ensure or boost. Eat 6 small meals and snack in between