Gutless Gutters 1/19/09

Options
Yoo hoooooo. Gutless Gutters, where are you?

Tme to get rolling and time for me to get serious. All of my screwing around early last week caught up with me on the scale this morning, as expected. But, been here, done this ... and turned around and running back to catch up with my guttless gutters. So, I'm eager to hear from you!

Replies

• anembellishment
    Options
    Yoo hoooooo. Gutless Gutters, where are you?

Tme to get rolling and time for me to get serious. All of my screwing around early last week caught up with me on the scale this morning, as expected. But, been here, done this ... and turned around and running back to catch up with my guttless gutters. So, I'm eager to hear from you!
  • gottaluvboyz
    gottaluvboyz Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Hi all!!! I had a great weekend (well...calorie and exercise wise:tongue: )! I got in all of my water on both Sat and Sun and stayed w/in my calories. Saturday I did 40 minutes of BL Cardio Max and 20 minutes of pilates. Sunday, I did 30 minutes of pilates and 40 minutes of BL Cardio Max. I'm going to give myself a pat on the back...typically, I try to workout while the kiddos are napping. I didn't have that chance on Saturday (some kids wouldn't nap:sad: ). I wasn't able to start my workout until 9p Saturday night...but I did it!!!!:drinker: :drinker: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Hope everyone had a great weekend and is starting off on the right foot today!:flowerforyou:
  • BEFORE
    BEFORE Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Good morning Anem,

I'll report in. I am down another lb I now tip the scales at 253 and started at 255. I was 252 yesterday though. :grumble:

I had a terrible week last week. I worked into the late hours everynight and this weekend so very little exercising was done. I tried ti eat healthy but alas I was eating on the run. So the 1 lb is truly a victory for me. I am going to a winter camp with the boys I teach on Wed nights at my church, we are like a christian boy scout troop. I am sure to lose weight luggung my butt back up those hill will be sleding down. Next Monday should be a good weigh in. I had to come in early so no treadmill this morning but its go time the rest of the week.

Ok, Anem just get after it this week. 2 lbs a week and U R there. U can do it.
    :flowerforyou:

All U other gutters good luck 2.
  • lpadilla75
    Options
    I've been focused for 3 weeks now. I've been really good about getting in extra water and fruits and veggies. Added in more cardio, eating my exercise calories and I have yet to lose anything. I am completely frustrated.

I'm going to start lifting heavy weights this week. With everything else I do at the gym, I'm aiming for just 2 days of heavy weight training.

I have been canceling lunch and dinner plans with friends because I can't figure out calories for those meals and now becoming anti-social.

I don't like what I've become. I'm ashamed.
  • anembellishment
    Options
    Hey Before! Thank you and happy for your loss. It is a victory when you're running! That's what threw me too, taking in new jobs, then coming home tired and giving in....geez. That, and I think the quick loss of water let me think this was going to be ~excuse the expression~ a piece of cake.

lpadilla: Keep going, this will not make you stumble. I've been told a plateu is a good thing, because once you're over it, only good things happen!
  • gynuwyne
    gynuwyne Posts: 132
    Options
    good morning all! I've got the day off today! Whew hoooo! going to take my daughter roller skatting as soon as I get off the computer. :smile:

january is proving to be a good month for me in regards to weight loss. It's just melting away where as before, it was a slow go. I'm down 5 pounds and 1 left to go to reach my goal by V.D.

Saturday I went hiking with some friends at South Mountain. The weather here is so beautiful right now. We have the low 70's durring the day. There was a nice breeze that day too. We hiked 2 hours.
  • Landon66
    Landon66 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Had an OK weekend. Didn't get to do much since it was cold and raining all weekend. Had planned on taking the boat out, but the little one wouldn't have liked the cold...I can fish almost any time though! So I went to the gym and hit the weights no cardio, but I'll be doing that in the am tomorrow, so didn't want to overdo it.
    Got a bone scan on my shins and awaiting the results (either shin splints or stress fractures). The technician said "I don't like what I see here, but I can't give you details since I'm not a Dr." So she gave me a full week of wondering if I'm going to be on the bike and elliptical for days or months. Not too happy about that, so I am taking it pretty easy for now and don't want to make it worse.
    Other than that, I'm doing good. Another pound down so I know I'm heading in the right direction. Measured too and I'm losing inches which is making me happier than the pounds coming off.
    Here's to a good week for all. See you tomorrow.
    Landon
  • lpadilla75
    Options
    anembellishment~ Thanks. I'm really trying to work through it.
  • xtina11179
    Options
    These weekends are killing me!! I haven't gotten on the scale yet (I do it on Tues morn) but I know I did NOT make good choices. I had a Sausage, Egg & Cheese bagel from Dunkin Donuts (Boo!) on Sat morning (I needed motivation to clean) and a coffee. Then Garbage Bread for lunch/dinner. No exercise (unless you count the 12 oz curls I did!) And that's another thing....I love my weekends to unwind from a usually hellish week, so I like to "have a few". I've cut out having any during the week, but still.... And then yesterday, left over Garbage Bread and a cheese burger. I tend to not eat enough meals and eat TOO MANY calories at the ones I do eat. (I did drink about 2 liters of seltzer in addition to about 3 bottles of regular water per day.) I do so well during the week but fall apart by the weekends. I NEED DISCIPLINE!!!

We'll see how things go tomorrow AM

I hope everyone had a better weekend than I did!!

64151.png
  • Theresa35
    Theresa35 Posts: 1,102
    Options
    Good Afternoon Everyone...

It's been a busy morning, but just jumping on here to report....

From my official weigh in this morning, I am down another pound...woohoo!!!

So far today I've make wise food choices, am getting in my water, and later will do 30 min of cardio and a strength class.

Happy Monday...:flowerforyou:
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    Hello all! kiss2.gif

Sorry I have to make this short. Busy busy day at work today :grumble: I did terrible this weekend embarrassed.gif I knew Hooters wings were bad but WOWZERS!!! I didn't realize 5 wings were almost 900 calories :noway: bang_head.gif I used to get the naked ones and I should have gotten them this time too :glasses: They are about half the calories. But luckily I did my 90 minute TaeBo workout and burnt 800 calories (or more but I figure on the low side). But I also drank about 8 Busch Lights. embarrassed.gif So ummmmm.....between that and my cereal breakfast, I ate enough to maintain. :grumble: Even with 800 exercise calories added. :explode: So basically on Saturday and Sunday I maintained. Which I guess I can deal with. It's better than going over and gaining. So back to it this week. I weigh in on Friday and see how I'm doing now. :smokin:

K gotta go. I'll pop in and out to play a bit but not too much. :flowerforyou:
  • BEFORE
    Options

http://209.85.48.11/13592/198/emo/bang_head.gif[/img] I used to get the naked ones and I should have gotten them this time too :glasses: They are about half the calories.

Kellch,

Whether U eat wings with or w/o your clothes on, I am sure they R the same calories.
    :noway: :noway:
    :bigsmile:

Kick butt this week.
  • BEFORE
    Options
    Good Afternoon Everyone...

It's been a busy morning, but just jumping on here to report....

From my official weigh in this morning, I am down another pound...woohoo!!!

So far today I've make wise food choices, am getting in my water, and later will do 30 min of cardio and a strength class.

Happy Monday...:flowerforyou:

WTG
    :smokin:
  • BEFORE
    Options
    Had an OK weekend. Didn't get to do much since it was cold and raining all weekend. Had planned on taking the boat out, but the little one wouldn't have liked the cold...I can fish almost any time though! So I went to the gym and hit the weights no cardio, but I'll be doing that in the am tomorrow, so didn't want to overdo it.
    Got a bone scan on my shins and awaiting the results (either shin splints or stress fractures). The technician said "I don't like what I see here, but I can't give you details since I'm not a Dr." So she gave me a full week of wondering if I'm going to be on the bike and elliptical for days or months. Not too happy about that, so I am taking it pretty easy for now and don't want to make it worse.
    Other than that, I'm doing good. Another pound down so I know I'm heading in the right direction. Measured too and I'm losing inches which is making me happier than the pounds coming off.
    Here's to a good week for all. See you tomorrow.
    Landon

Dude,

Good job on the 1 lb but sorry to hear about the shins. That sux.
    :grumble:
  • gottaluvboyz
    Options
    I've been focused for 3 weeks now. I've been really good about getting in extra water and fruits and veggies. Added in more cardio, eating my exercise calories and I have yet to lose anything. I am completely frustrated.

I'm going to start lifting heavy weights this week. With everything else I do at the gym, I'm aiming for just 2 days of heavy weight training.

I have been canceling lunch and dinner plans with friends because I can't figure out calories for those meals and now becoming anti-social.

I don't like what I've become. I'm ashamed.

You are doing great...I haven't seen a big loss yet either. However, I can tell by my body that it has changed...much more toned. Plus I just feel better...not as edgy w/ the kiddos/DH, and sleeping so much better at night.

Keep up the good work and don't be ashamed!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • gottaluvboyz
    Options
    Hello all! kiss2.gif

Sorry I have to make this short. Busy busy day at work today :grumble: I did terrible this weekend embarrassed.gif I knew Hooters wings were bad but WOWZERS!!! I didn't realize 5 wings were almost 900 calories :noway: bang_head.gif I used to get the naked ones and I should have gotten them this time too :glasses: They are about half the calories. But luckily I did my 90 minute TaeBo workout and burnt 800 calories (or more but I figure on the low side). But I also drank about 8 Busch Lights. embarrassed.gif So ummmmm.....between that and my cereal breakfast, I ate enough to maintain. :grumble: Even with 800 exercise calories added. :explode: So basically on Saturday and Sunday I maintained. Which I guess I can deal with. It's better than going over and gaining. So back to it this week. I weigh in on Friday and see how I'm doing now. :smokin:

At least you maintained and didn't gain (looking on the bright side!). For the record I am now craving boneless chicken chunks (cannot do wings...ugh to the bones!!!). Here's to a new week:drinker:
  • kellch
    Options

http://209.85.48.11/13592/198/emo/bang_head.gif[/img] I used to get the naked ones and I should have gotten them this time too :glasses: They are about half the calories.

Kellch,

Whether U eat wings with or w/o your clothes on, I am sure they R the same calories.
    :noway: :noway:
    :bigsmile:

Kick butt this week.

No you goofball.........the naked ones are the ones with no breading whack.gif

I looked it up...it's half the calories :laugh: :laugh: :tongue:
  • kellch
    Options
    Hello all! kiss2.gif

At least you maintained and didn't gain (looking on the bright side!). For the record I am now craving boneless chicken chunks (cannot do wings...ugh to the bones!!!). Here's to a new week:drinker:

LOL....they were a good 900 calories :bigsmile: :drinker: :laugh:
  • gottaluvboyz
    Options
    Hello all! kiss2.gif

LOL....they were a good 900 calories :bigsmile: :drinker: :laugh:

No doubt!!!
  • anembellishment
    Options
    I like the idea of JUST TRYING to eat wings without one's clothes on. It's better than trying to eat with a bikini on!

Nice to hear from you all, with naked wings or not!