Mom needing creative advice for exercise

Options
I really struggle to get exercise in and I need it, my weight is not going down. I'm a mom of a three year old and I work full time. Any suggestions that you have tried to get exercise in would be helpful.

Replies

• lvmamaduke
    lvmamaduke Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I found waking up earlier every morning has helped me to get my workouts in plus the kids are still sleeping so no interruptions. There are many workout videos that are under 30 mins and effective.
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    Does your 3 yer old like the stroller? bike trailer? Trade off with dad? or a friend?
  • pomegranatecloud
    pomegranatecloud Posts: 812 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Make it a priority, and you'll find the time. Exercise before work, during your lunch break, or after work. I'm sure you can find at least 90 minutes per week to devote to exercise. Take an honest look at your schedule and priorities.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I'm a single parent and I go on my lunch hour, even if it's just a quick walk.

Weight loss is going to come from the eating. Exercise will help with the deficit, but exercise is more about the other health benefits than the calorie burn.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    A game of tag or hide and seek before bedtime. Sneak your moments as that is all you have.

Recently I've been getting in my arm workouts lifting the grocery bags as I walk them in to the house.
  • kerrimeng4
    kerrimeng4 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm a mom of 2 and have started doing the T25 workouts. Wake up a few minutes earlier in the morning and 25 minutes in in and out. Each day of the week is a different exercise so you don't get bored. I would highly recommend it to you! I was never one to enjoy working out but I'm really loving this and don't dread it of a morning.
  • Noelani1503
    Noelani1503 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    T25 is great. I did it when my son was first born and I didn't want to put him in the gym daycare yet. Now (at 2) he goes to the gym with me and loves playing there while I workout.