Favorite Green Tea?

nablackb
nablackb Posts: 28 Member
I'm a huge fan of black tea and coffee but I've been trying to break the barrier and get into green tea. I'm finding it super hard to find a kind I like. What are your favorite type/brands of green tea? What accompaniments do you like with it (ex sugar, honey, lemon, etc)? Where do you buy your specific brand? Any other info is always appreciated!

Thanks in advance for the help!! :)

Replies

• TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    I particularly like two: Lipton Mandarin Orange Green Tea and Benner (Aldi) Green Tea with Lemon and Ginseng. I don't put anything else in them.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    I really like mint teas
  • Jturnbull7
    Jturnbull7 Posts: 7 Member
    Try this....

Heat:

Almond Milk and just before it starts to boil, stirring in a teaspoon of honey and turmeric, very relaxing before bed!

Tetley Green Tea with Lemon
  • _LotusSpark_
    _LotusSpark_ Posts: 8 Member
    I've been drinking Matcha green tea but tend to grow bored. Then I'll substite for Licorice or Dandelion teas.
  • rescuemom27
    rescuemom27 Posts: 15 Member
    I love mighty leaf green tea and yogi green tea blueberry slim life. I don't add anything.
  • itsjanaye
    itsjanaye Posts: 14 Member
    My two favorites are Tazo - either Japanese Sakura (current fave) or Zen. I like them with either honey or plain.
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    My two favorites are Tazo - either Japanese Sakura (current fave) or Zen. I like them with either honey or plain.

Tazo's Zen is a favourite for me as well. I usually always drink it with honey
  • fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    I love Twinings green tea Gingerbread tea bags.
  • robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    Absolutely the Tazo Zen, especially iced and unsweet. Perfect.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Bigelow Green Tea. Organic.
    Affordable. Been drinking it for years.
    Nothing added.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    There's a specific way to brew green tea so it doesn't become bitter. Be sure you aren't oversteeping it (leaving it in the water too long) and I think you want to use water that's not quite boiling, but hopefully someone else can confirm or deny that for me :)
  • JaneSnowe
    JaneSnowe Posts: 1,283 Member
    There's a specific way to brew green tea so it doesn't become bitter. Be sure you aren't oversteeping it (leaving it in the water too long) and I think you want to use water that's not quite boiling, but hopefully someone else can confirm or deny that for me :)

This is correct! Water that's just under boiling temperature, steep only about 3 minutes. Do not wring the tea bag!

Twinings Jasmine Green Tea with honey to taste. :)
  • nixxthirteen
    nixxthirteen Posts: 280 Member
    The brand from Costco. They come individually wrapped, in a big box, and have a bit of matcha powder in the packet :)
  • AlyssaPetsDogs
    AlyssaPetsDogs Posts: 421 Member
    I am OBSESSED with Starbucks iced green tea! It is a tea concentrate with water and ice and it is light and refreshing! It is tazo brand!
    I make my own by boiling a ton of tea bags and making a concentrate - you can google it!
    Very tasty :)
  • clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,337 Member
    Bigelow Green Tea Pomegranate has a nice flavor as well as peach. I also like Lipton's green tea cranberry and pomegranate.
    I have a cup every morning with honey, a slice of ginger and sometimes local honey.
  • Aprilgetsfit78
    Aprilgetsfit78 Posts: 1 Member
    My favorite changes seasonally, but right now I'm really enjoying Bigelow's green tea with mint. I sweeten it a bit with stevia and drink it with ice. Very refreshing for spring/summer!
  • coco095
    coco095 Posts: 13 Member
    Adagio has the best loose leaf tea. :) They have an earl grey green which is amazing, and their mandaran green tea is fantastic as well. I use stevia in my tea whenever it needs sugar. Adagio is an online tea shop and shipping is pretty fast.

If you don't like green tea, then why not try white tea? It's an even more delicate version and some say that it's even better because it is least processed tea, in the sense that the leaves haven't been as dried or as heated. Supposedly it has the most antioxidants. They make a white chia which is good and also a strawberry white. The strawberry one is my absolute favorite!
  • pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    I don't really mind which green tea brand I use, but the key for me is not letting it steep for too long. I find that makes it bitter and unenjoyable, whereas if it only steeps for a short time, the flavour is delicate and not unpleasant.
  • Allanro
    Allanro Posts: 42 Member
    I use any brand, depends where im shopping at the time. I make a mug of green tea and add 3 thin slices of lemon and let it fuse for a couple of mins and stir before drinking, makes a nice refreshing drink. I also try to buy organic and unwaxed lemons.
  • Wophie
    Wophie Posts: 126 Member
    I would suggest finding a company that do loose flavoured tea. I order from one called The Kent and Sussex Tea and Coffee Company, and they do amazing flavours. My favourite is green tea, pineapple, rose and papaya.