Restarting My Annual Diet - But For Real This Time

Options
Hello, figured I'd drop in here since I just started using this site. I've been overweight for as long as I can remember and I always tend to get motivated to lose it every now in then. Sadly, I always fail and go back to bad habits. Most of my time I have hovered around 270-280lbs. On my best loss a year and a half ago I got all the way down to 245. Sadly I once again lost motivation and now I am all the way up to 292 lbs. That's my record weight. I swore to myself a long, long time ago that I would never allow myself to go over 300 and seeing I am so close I am determined to bring it down to my goal of 190. I am feeling more motivated than I ever have and I have hopes that it will stay that way this time.

Nice to meet you all

Replies

• Fluffy2Fit2Shredded
    Fluffy2Fit2Shredded Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Find your daily calorie maintenance. Take 75% of that, use that as your goal. Stay active. Watch your nutrition. Use MFP daily. Hit the gym daily and your targeted muscle groups 2-3x a week. You'll see amazing results just off this alone. Google and YouTube all this. Educate self on nutrition and exercises to do for those muscle groups. Good luck!!
  • feducciaw
    feducciaw Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Find your daily calorie maintenance. Take 75% of that, use that as your goal. Stay active. Watch your nutrition. Use MFP daily. Hit the gym daily and your targeted muscle groups 2-3x a week. You'll see amazing results just off this alone. Google and YouTube all this. Educate self on nutrition and exercises to do for those muscle groups. Good luck!!

Thanks for the reply. MFP has given me a daily calorie goal of about 1900, but so far I have been below that (supposedly). I have been working on getting more active, since normally I'm pretty sedentary. I have started 60 minute cardio sessions at my local gym 5 days a week, but I have not started any weight training yet. The remaining two days I am on my feet for hours anyway.