Kinda bummed

Options
memaw66
memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
So I have really been watching my calories but I really haven't been working out. So I know this is the problem. But I have only lost 5lbs in 19 days. My husban has lost over 10lbs in the same amount of time. It is also that TOM for me so maybe that's why I didn't see a bigger loss this week. I'm just on a pity party right now and needed to vent. Sorry guys.

Memaw

Replies

• memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    So I have really been watching my calories but I really haven't been working out. So I know this is the problem. But I have only lost 5lbs in 19 days. My husban has lost over 10lbs in the same amount of time. It is also that TOM for me so maybe that's why I didn't see a bigger loss this week. I'm just on a pity party right now and needed to vent. Sorry guys.

Memaw
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Men also lose fat much easier than women do because of their hormones. We have a lot of estrogen, which promotes fat storage. They have very little. It also explains why they store fat differently than we do--in the stomach rather than the legs. It also explains why post-menopausal women gain more in the stomach--they have higher testosterone and lower estrogen than pre-menopausal women. So, blame your hormones, not yourself. :flowerforyou:
  • littletiger972000
    Options
    Good job on losing 5 lbs. I know you probably hate your husband right now, but you have to remember that men ALWAYS lose faster than women. Plus since it is that TOM you are probably retaining water especially if you crave salt! Good luck...and don't feel to bad about not exercising, I'm not either!! :tongue:
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Men lose weight faster than women - they haven't got the homones gettnig in the way :grumble:
    But hey, 5lbs in 19 days is awesome!!!! That's 2lbs per week average - so its good NOT bad :drinker:
    Keep it up :flowerforyou:
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking that when we are working to become fit at the same time as our husbands, we should not live with them....:laugh: They store weight so much differently and have a different kind of stamina than we do so they lose more quickly:grumble: On the other hand, I am competitive enough that I am NOT letting him become fit without me sooooooo, as much as I hate to admit it, he's sorta one of my driving forces right nowl:angry:

Congrats BIG TIME on 5 lbs in 19 days - that's actually great! Be strong, fight the good fight and don't look back - you can so obviously totally do this - you are off to such a great start:drinker: :drinker:
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    5 lbs in 19 days is awesome!!! I hope I can acheive that - it usually takes me a full month to lose 5 lbs. if not longer! That is great - good job. I know you're discouraged - pms hormones and a man who loses easier, but you rock girl!