HATE WATER

Options
Hi , so I've had this issue since I was a child. I dont like water AT ALL. I despise it and it makes me sick. I drink artificiallt flavoured water ( only 6 cal per bottle ) and diet sodas which also satisfy my sweet tooth and hunger.
Can I still tone up , be fit and maintain my weight?

Replies

• booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Drink what you like, just count the calories for it.
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    I've never liked water either but I've always forced myself to drink as much as I can even though I really don't like it much. But the fact is, your body does require water to sustain itself and maintain its balance. So I've started to use flavorings to make sure I get in that water every day - it's not the best thing, but at five calories per eight ounces, it's doable and I'm much more likely to get all my fluid intake in.
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    All liquids count. Have at it.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Do you drink any milk, eat oranges, drink tea or coffee, etc? Those count.
    More: My McDonalds uses reverse osmosis water. I love it compared to my tap water.
    Secret to why mcdonalds coffees taste good
    http://markproffitt.com/2011/02/15/secret-to-why-mcdonalds-coke-tastes-best/
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Water does not stop or help you lose weight!
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    Well...it can help flush out the water weight but that's minimal and somewhat temporary.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    I dislike water as well (I don't say hate because if it is the only option I will drink it).

I drink iced tea almost all day. There is also a water called "hint". It is zero calorie and has a slight fruit taste (flavors are watermelon, pomegranate, kiwi strawberry and black berry). I love them!!!! I highly recommend trying them.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I get deadly bored with plain water. All your liquids count, so you will be fine.

Other ways to doctor water include Mio, Biosteel, teas (including herbal), steeping with fruit or veggies (try lemon or cucumber).

Sometimes I get deadly bored with doctored water so I switch back to plain ice cold water for a week or two.

A diet pepsi daily sounds wonderful.
  • JodehFoster
    JodehFoster Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    mmmmm watermelon
  • VisofSer
    VisofSer Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Other than alcohol, all liquids count for hydration. Any liquid other than water introduces factors that should be addressed particularly the big issue of drinking calories which should be avoided where possible. So drink what works for you to keep you hydrated, but leave the liquid calories alone.