Anyone getting married in 2017 and trying to lose 50-100 lbs?

Options
Hello everyone! I am getting married in late August 2017 and I was hoping to lose some weight before then! My starting weight was 210, current weight is 205, and my goal weight before the wedding is 135. That gives me 14 months to lose 70 lbs, which is 5 lbs a month. Is anyone in a similar situation? I would love to add some friends for motivation!

Replies

• firecraker05
    firecraker05 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the upcoming wedding! I am getting married next April and working toward losing weight as well. I am currently 246 and started at 252 about a month and a half ago. I am not sure exactly what my goal is, but I am hoping to at least be under 200. Anyone can feel free to add me.
  • markswife1992
    markswife1992 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    i am not getting married, but i am having a huge celebration of our 25th wedding anniversary on august 2017.
    i need to lose 60 lbs.
    feel free to friend me and we can support each other.
    i really want to get into my original wedding gown.
    congrats by the way!
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Nope
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    Opinion: Eating right is 90% of the battle.
    Exercise for your health and to feel good.
    Take baby steps. See if you can lose 30 lbs by New Year's. Small steps worked best for me.
  • soccerkon26
    soccerkon26 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Trying to lose around 10-15 lbs and I've already lost 6! So I'll have to maintain it! Wedding is next May :)
  • AlyM725
    AlyM725 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I'm not getting married, but I have 80 pounds to lose. I'll send you a friend request
  • sunnyspirits
    sunnyspirits Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married at the beginning of Aug. I've been working put hard core for two months and am getting a lot stronger but not noticing a size difference yet. How has your journey been so far tabby_123? I've got to add more cardio to my routine.
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married on May 27th and am still 10lbs from goal. My new current goal is to keep going and just be ok whatever the scale says on that day.