How often do you weigh yourself?

Options
2»

Replies

• Nachise
    Nachise Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I log my weight once a month. I step on the scale daily. Learning to accept the fluctuations.
  • DanyellMcGinnis
    DanyellMcGinnis Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Also do it a on Friday! Any reason other people picked Friday morning too??

For me it is because I started trying to lose weight on January 1, which was a Friday this year, and I weigh in once a week.
  • AlyM725
    AlyM725 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Friday is popular! I'm another Friday weigher. Sometimes I'll jump on the scale mid week for giggles, but weighing myself every day would make me obsess too much.
  • kissedbythesunshine
    kissedbythesunshine Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Every morning and track it using happy scale. It helps me keep track of trends, water weight around my time of the month, etc.
  • caammph
    caammph Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Daily weigher and happy scale user here as well!
  • nodanmelendez
    nodanmelendez Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I don't have a scale so it's whenever I can get somewhere that has one. I've only just started a few weeks ago but in the past I found, for myself, that weighing often wasn't good for me.. I would get discouraged if I didn't see a loss.. now, I use clothes more as my scale..
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    I don't have a scale at home so I weigh any day that I go to the gym (and use the same scale each time). I log it in to my garmin connect app each time. It doesn't influence me in any way, it's just neat to see how much water weight I gain from the weekends and how much of it I lose by the end of the week, lol. It's usually about 2 lbs in either direction.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,989 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily and track it on Libra. (I used to use happy scale when I had an iphone). I like seeing the trend going down and I know I'm on track even if my weight is up a little on some days. I don't think I would like weekly weighing especially now that I am down to the last 8 pounds and only aiming for .5 pound per week. One week ago today I weighed .8 less than I did this morning. If I weighed weekly then I would be really down that I gained this week. My weight has been up and down about .5 pounds all week though and I got my period this morning so I know that it is just water fluctuations.
  • Konigboy
    Konigboy Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I started my journey 3 years ago. Was terrified of a scale because of the self destruction I did to myself with food. My doc and 1 friend knew my starting numbers and it probably was higher, as I actually started dieting before appointment and saying anything. I told them I didn't want to know and would not weigh myself, as I knew I would get depressed if not losing.

Fast forward to a month ago and a doc appt, as I felt I was packing on the pounds again, regardless of my calories and exercise. He finally told me that I should be proud of what I have accomplished and not worry about some weight gain. It was then that he told me I had lost 160+ lbs. Yes, I knew I lost, due to clothes, but not how much. He also said it was time for me to weigh regularly. So I bought a scale and now it is messing with my head. Lol. I am so ready to get all this weight off me, but it just is taking forever. The one minute at one weight, the next day 2 or 3 lbs more is frustrating. I am going to go to the once a week weighing and see if that helps. When I see the increase, it does cause me not to want to eat and to exercise more, and I don't like that pattern developing.
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Konigboy wrote: »
    I started my journey 3 years ago. Was terrified of a scale because of the self destruction I did to myself with food. My doc and 1 friend knew my starting numbers and it probably was higher, as I actually started dieting before appointment and saying anything. I told them I didn't want to know and would not weigh myself, as I knew I would get depressed if not losing.

Fast forward to a month ago and a doc appt, as I felt I was packing on the pounds again, regardless of my calories and exercise. He finally told me that I should be proud of what I have accomplished and not worry about some weight gain. It was then that he told me I had lost 160+ lbs. Yes, I knew I lost, due to clothes, but not how much. He also said it was time for me to weigh regularly. So I bought a scale and now it is messing with my head. Lol. I am so ready to get all this weight off me, but it just is taking forever. The one minute at one weight, the next day 2 or 3 lbs more is frustrating. I am going to go to the once a week weighing and see if that helps. When I see the increase, it does cause me not to want to eat and to exercise more, and I don't like that pattern developing.

In a previous post someone mentioned that they bought a Bluetooth scale that hooked up to a weight trend app and when you step on it, it automatically syncs up. She said that because she was saying how she doesn't even have to look at the numbers every day, it's just to see a trend over time. Not sure if that's worth the money to you but thought I'd mention it!!