hey yall....30 MINUTES OR LESS WORKOUTS THAT actually WORK??

Options
It's time to change up the routine a bit!

Because I am short on time most of my days (as we all are), I am looking for any 30 minute or LESS WORKOUTS that you all have tried that are truly effective. Of course there are the walkaway & jackie werner vids-anything else anybody has used with success??????? I am especially interested in those who have more than 75 pounds to lose and what works for you.

smooches & thanks yall!!!! :bigsmile: :wink:

Replies

• brph26
    brph26 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I only had 26 lbs to lose, but the 30 day shred worked wonders for me. I didn't lose a ton of weight doing it, but I definitely got a lot of toning and strength out of it. Oh and I lost a ton of inches.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    The most challenging 2 mile walking videos:
    Walk Strong (use 5 lb dumbells) - this is a circuit workout. Great for both lower & upper body (not the Express version)
    Big Burn has 3 sections of jogging (bump up the calorie burn with 1 or 2 pound handweights)

Kelly Coffey Meyer has several challenging 30 Minutes to Fitness. Each DVD has 2 - 30 minute workouts PLUS different premixes. This keeps the DVD fresh (longer). I like 30 Minutes to Fitness Body Training. http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-video/kelly-coffeys-30-minutes-to-fitness-body-training-5756
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I use Exercise TV on on-demand cable. They have tons of 10-20 minute workouts. The great thing is that they change all the time so I never get bored. They also have them free on their website: http://www.exercisetv.tv/
  • mizzsolero
    mizzsolero Posts: 47
    Options
    I use Exercise TV on on-demand cable. They have tons of 10-20 minute workouts. The great thing is that they change all the time so I never get bored. They also have them free on their website: http://www.exercisetv.tv/

i use a simar channel on the tv, its great!!!
  • weedlover
    weedlover Posts: 15
    Options
    do ripped in 30 days from jillian micheals, its like 25 minutes, and you do have good results after its done!!!
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    This is from fitness magazine. 20 minutes and I burn close to 200 calories:

3 minutes walk/jog in place to warm up
    60 jumping jacks
    1 minute jog/walk in place
    60 jumping jacks
    30 burpees
    30 burpees
    30 burpees
    30 burpees
    1 minute walk in place
    60 jumping jacks
    1 minute walk in place
    60 jumping jacks
    2 minutes walk in place to cool down.
  • bkennedy1612
    Options
    I use the workout videos on netflix, they are all called like 10-minute workouts, but there are 5 10 minute workouts on each section. I'm doing the kickboxing one now and I LOVE it!!! I have only been at it for a little over two weeks, but I have already lost a lot of inches. I have a long way to go, but they make you feel great after you are done!
  • tladame
    tladame Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I use Jillian Michaels' 30-Day Shred (kicks your butt!) and also her 6-Week Six-Pack. Shred is around 27 minutes, 6-pack takes about 30.
  • wildeone4
    wildeone4 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    You should check out 10 minute trainer by Tony Horton (the creator of P90X)! Each video is 10 minutes, but you combine videos as well. They have a set schedule where you start adding more workout videos, but you start with one a day (so only 10 minutes)! I know people who have tried them and in those 10 minutes you get worked like crazy! It is Tony Horton though, so you can't go wrong!
  • checoo
    checoo Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I like Jillian's 30 Shred too. I feel like I get a good workout in a short amount of time.
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    I use my Wii and EA Active 2. Most of the preset workouts are in the 30-45 minute range. I also have custom ones for cardio and strength training. all are about 30 minutes and give me a good workout.
  • DTharp12
    DTharp12 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Ab Ripper X from the P90X dvd's. I have no clue how many calories it burns but it is 15 minutes and your abs will let you know you've done something for the next couple of days.
  • bigalfantasy2004
    bigalfantasy2004 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    bump
  • beautybrainsbooty
    beautybrainsbooty Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Thanks you SO much guys! I am off to do some research :noway: and ordering ;)!!!!!
    :wink:
  • L568
    L568 Posts: 15
    Options
    Blogilates.com

Amazing 10 minute targeted exercises. I'm studying for a big standardized test and working full time, so for the next two weeks I won't have time for my usual cardio sessions. I can fit about three of these in, and I feel it the next day!! Amazing and I think its way more fun that 30ds!!
  • Dnsnyder
    Dnsnyder Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred and 6 Week 6 Pack.
  • HeyLisa
    HeyLisa Posts: 201
    Options
    I use the workout videos on netflix, they are all called like 10-minute workouts, but there are 5 10 minute workouts on each section. I'm doing the kickboxing one now and I LOVE it!!! I have only been at it for a little over two weeks, but I have already lost a lot of inches. I have a long way to go, but they make you feel great after you are done!

I like the toning one but yep.. these are great to fit in 1-2.. then chores then 1...
  • LizaMena
    LizaMena Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I do The Firm Total Body Fitness (25-35 min) and Zumba for the Wii(20 min each routine and goes up to 60min). Just ordered 30 day shred! Super excited!
  • stc74
    stc74 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    bump
  • andreaesm
    andreaesm Posts: 13
    Options
    Today (and many days) I do a 30 minute elliptical interval workout. Not the 'interval setting' on the elliptical, but i create my own.
    The goal is to work hard, hard hard and kill it in 30 minutes. Here are a few of my sample routines.

Minutes:
    1-3: Level 8 Warm Up
    3-5: L10
    5-6: L9
    6-9: L11
    9-10: L10
    10-13: L 12
    13-14: L 11
    14-17: L 13
    17-18: L 12
    18-21: L 14
    22-24: L 9 (14 kills me)
    24-26: L13
    26:-28: L14
    28-29: L10
    29-30: L14

The goal is to always keep adjusting. I use the mentality of burn hard, then active recovery. Then burn hard again, and an active recovery. It gets harder obviously during the 30 minutes, but my body is more warmed up and can handle it.
    ultimately the goal is to keep mixing it at many points so that you're not bored and you're challenged.

This easily burns 400+ calories in 30 minutes for me.
    good luck!