Is anyone else losing more than 2 lbs a week?

fanaticalbattle
fanaticalbattle Posts: 19
edited September 18 in Health and Weight Loss
I just started today....but I have lost weight before....and I tend to lose about 5 pounds a week......it may be because I have more to lose than most.

I was just wondering if anyone else sees this.

Replies

• I just started today....but I have lost weight before....and I tend to lose about 5 pounds a week......it may be because I have more to lose than most.

• Hi

In my german ww forum we have a woman, she is about 330lbs and looses the first weeks every week!! 7-11lbs...

sad for her she gained weight very easily. so she always gets back to her first weight

maybe you should use ur easy weight loss as a nice start and be very motivated.
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Definitely, I lost 9 lbs the first week and 7 lbs the second!!! It does tend to fall off a little quicker at the beginning when you have more to loose, which is great cause it gives us the motivation to keep going!!! Unfortunately, it will start to slow down, but I'm not hoping for that anytime soon!
  • Yeah. I have planned for that, I just wanted to make sure it's not unhealthy haha.
  • Be careful. I have been seeing a naturepath (sp) to assist with weight loss and medical issues. He said the goal is 1 lb per week. Anthing more than that will make it really easy to gain back and your skin won't have as much time to bounce back. I started at 255lbs so maybe it is common to lose more than that at first if you weigh more. I know it seems like you want to lose as much weight as you can as fast as you can but the slower you go the better you will be. I suppose if you are eating heatlhy and getting all your calories and fiber and still losing that much per week then your good. No sense in adding in unhealthy stuff just to lose slower. LOL. Keep up the good work!
  • Thanks a lot. That really helps.
  • rem1979
    rem1979 Posts: 344 Member
    Due to the amount of weight you need to lose, you will probably drop some big numbers in the first couple weeks but don't get discouraged if you start only losing a 1 or 2. The slower it comes off, the longer you will keep it off.
  • jessneill
    jessneill Posts: 380 Member
    I just started today....but I have lost weight before....and I tend to lose about 5 pounds a week......it may be because I have more to lose than most.

umm... can I get a 5lb a week loss too? :happy:
This discussion has been closed.