Progress so far (with pics)

Options
ashenk224
ashenk224 Posts: 14 Member
So I hit a point where I just started eating whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted. I also stopped working out. I was working and going to school and just felt burnt out and lazy. Now that I'm finished with school it's time to take better care of myself. I started just by mostly counting calories with a little working out. I also stopped drinking so much. I'm 5'3". 30 years old. My highest was at 175. I'm now at 160. I wear anywhere between a 8-10 size pants/shorts depending on the brand. My hip now is 42" (it was 44"+). I want to get back down to when I was at my most fit and weighing in around 135-140. I included that pic as well. I just really hope I can get these next 20 pounds off as soon as I can (in a healthy way of course). I'm happy with my progress so far though :-)

Feel free to add me if you'd like!

fku193l2qumd.jpeg
guqvlocplzoj.png

Replies

• KiyaK
    KiyaK Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your progress! You can keep it up. You've been there before, so you know it's possible.
  • StoicalPixzie
    StoicalPixzie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!
  • mstringer06
    mstringer06 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    damnnn girl. Go you
  • saragd012
    saragd012 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous! My weight gain was very much due to stress and being overwhelmed while in school (and working full time) so I can completely relate. Best of luck in reach your goals, you've already made some great progress.
  • ChxSurf782
    ChxSurf782 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Uh, dang girl. Lookin hawt.
  • Ranger913
    Ranger913 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You look great. With your body type, don't focus so much on the scale. You have body type most women envy and men appreciate.
  • hzl22
    hzl22 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    U carry your weight well!!! U look amazing in all the pics!!
  • LyssaRonnell
    LyssaRonnell Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    What do you do for your workouts to look like that? Right now I'm looking like your before picture.
  • ashenk224
    ashenk224 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    What do you do for your workouts to look like that? Right now I'm looking like your before picture.

In addition to keeping to around a 1400-1500 calorie diet and eating back my exercise calories I try to workout at least 3-4 days a week. I work 12hr nightshifts 3 days a week so sometimes I'm just beat and don't want to exercise on days I work. I also don't believe in cutting out foods I enjoy even if they're not the healthiest. I make sure I exercise to make room for those additional calories. As for exercise, I do a lower body day with at least a half hour of cardio. I do an upper body day with at least a half hour of cardio. Then I have an all cardio day. I do abs every other workout unless there was a day or two in between workouts then I just do it the next time I workout. I love doing abs. My 4 pack is hiding somewhere underneath the fat haha. I make sure to lift heavy. Any additional days I workout beyond the 3 days I just rotate between the exercise routines I mentioned. I will also do yoga. I go for walks when it's nice out. Sometimes when I have the energy on my days off I'll even do a second workout. I've already gone down to the fitness center in my complex and just walked on the treadmill or got on the elliptical while I watched a movie. Figured it's better than just laying in bed watching a movie. I make sure to burn at least 400 calories per workout (unless it's just me watching a movie during a walk or elliptical session). Prior to my workouts I also drink C4 extreme preworkout. I like the taste and it just gives me that extra bump to work out harder. Other than that I don't take any fat burners or do any weight loss program.

My plan to increase my weight loss would be to drink more water, up my protein intake a bit, and increase the intensity and frequency of my workouts. I'm hoping it works!
  • DarrellHodgeLog
    DarrellHodgeLog Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Nice!
  • Jturnbull7
    Jturnbull7 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!