Vegans and Vegetarians

Options
Any other vegans and vegetarians (I'm vegan) ? I just started My Fitness Pal today but have been losing weight since January.

Replies

• frida001
    frida001 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I was vegan during lent - I felt better than I do now. The only thing I missed was cheese. Getting enough protein without soy was hard for me, so maybe I'll just be a vegetarian. I could easily be a vegetarian.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    I'm pescetarian, only do seafood. I was vegetarian but I love the seafood!!
  • LOLmerrill
    LOLmerrill Posts: 43
    Options
    Lifelong veggie and recently converted vegan here! Just started MFP 3 weeks ago. Sometimes my diaries are rubbish due to summertime poolside drinking with friends and the subsequent hangover eating, but feel free to add!
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    15 year Vegetarian and trying to eat as clean as possible.
  • allisonkgill
    Options
    I have been vegan since November '10 and it has completely changed my outlook on food/nutrition, the meat industry, the environmental effect, & the list goes on. I don't think I'd be as successful as I've been with my weightloss if it wasn't for going veg. I urge everyone to try it!!!!!!
  • lausa22
    lausa22 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I've been vegetarian for almost 8 years! Didn't help with my weight loss though, nor do I think people should try it as a 'diet' because it's a lifestyle choice that you have to think carefully about.
  • auntjenny74
    auntjenny74 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm mostly vegan - essentially a vegetarian who has migraines triggered by dairy.
  • EyeCanSeeYou
    Options
    I've been a vegan for 3 years and I'm still fat. Well...I ate poorly.
  • smilewithkatherine
    smilewithkatherine Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I've been a lacto-ovo vegetarian for 3.5 years.
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Vegan here! Feel free to add me. :-)

I just started MFP last weekend, so I'm new here but not new to weight loss. I lost most of my weight on Weight Watchers and feel it's time for a change!
  • Fit_Rx
    Fit_Rx Posts: 16
    Options
    Vegan here! I have lost about 33 lbs since going Vegan from Vegetarian.

I also lost about 100+ lbs prior to this on a Low-Carb - High Protein Diet ... I have done it all!

But ... I have never felt better in my health/energy levels prior to going Vegan ...

238462.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • nicolenayima
    nicolenayima Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have been vegetarian for almost 7 years and I try to eat a mostly vegan diet. I love it, most of the time anyway! I've been using MFP pretty regularly for a few months now and I'm trying to up my motivation as I get closer to my 30th birthday goals, so if anyone is looking for a friend feel free to add me!