Rightous Running

Options
Hey All!

I love running. I used to run a lot but then switched my focus to yoga. I would love to start running again as much as I did. i have tried making groups in the city but its hard to find times that fit for everyone.
Is anyone interested in making an online running group? We can log what we run each week, how we feel, and time if you feel like taking it.
Happy trails!

Replies

• PBmaria
    PBmaria Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I run an average of 20 miles a week. I'll be glad to share! :)
  • cornerofgreystreet
    cornerofgreystreet Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I would like to join. I run about 16 miles per week, give or take depending on the amount of biking I do.
  • jmijaressf
    jmijaressf Posts: 215
    Options
    I'd like to join too. I run about 15-20 miles per week depending on my work schedule.
  • Roseapples
    Roseapples Posts: 11
    Options
    Thanks guys this sounds great! I have been looking for motivation to amp up my running.
    I will convert my runs to miles as I am from Canada! :flowerforyou:
    Currently, I am only getting in about 12. But hopefully with getting others updates I will get more
  • jmijaressf
    Options
    I see you're in Vancouver. Lots of great places to run there! QE2 Park. Stanley Park. I've always wanted to do the Baden-Powell Trail.

Not sure where everyone else is located, but I'd be happy to post miles and kilometers logged just to be sure.
  • cornerofgreystreet
    cornerofgreystreet Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I am in Minnesota. I have always wanted to go to BC, I have heard it is beautiful. We have some nice trails here too but I mostly run in my neighborhood. Kind of boring but more convenient at 6 in the morning! Looking forward to being part of the group!
  • jmijaressf
    Options
    Are we keeping track already?

I did 5.4 miles/8.6 km today...
  • Roseapples
    Options
    Yup! Keeping track!

Maybe we can tally up what we did all week? Not to sure how to organize it.

I ran 4 miles yesterday, it was a pretty nice day

Stanley park is lovely to run. It is a good distance too. I have never been to the QE2 but I will have to check it out.
    How do you guys manage winter running? Vancouver can get pretty cold but mostly rainy...
  • jmijaressf
    Options
    I did 5.4 miles yesterday. I was planning on doing about 3.5 miles today, but it's too hot to run today so my next run will be on the weekend.
    Stanley park is lovely to run. It is a good distance too. I have never been to the QE2 but I will have to check it out.
    How do you guys manage winter running? Vancouver can get pretty cold but mostly rainy...

I do a lot of running in Vancouver when I visit my family there. In the winter months, I use UnderArmour Cold Gear as a base layer and then a windproof/rainproof jacket, beanie or rainproof hat, and rainproof gloves. I'm notorious for wearing running shorts even at 40 degrees, but any colder than that and I will wear the UnderArmour Cold Gear leggings. I'm sure you can find stuff like that at Mountain Equipment Co-op.

Keeping your feet dry is another story. I run in Vibram Five Fingers so I've had to treat my shoes with waterproofing. There are waterproof socks out there, but they're expensive...
  • Roseapples
    Options
    Thank you for the info on rain running. Two years ago I was dedicated to running even in the rain...but then I became more into yoga and slowed down my running. I think the proper gear will be much more helpful in running in the rain.

Do you guys run with music or without?
  • jmijaressf
    Options
    5.4 miles again today. It was nice to be running right along the edge of the fog, kinda darting into and out of the cloud cover with a nice ocean breeze!
  • kath711
    kath711 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Usually run about 15-20 per week. Going on vacation starting Tuesday for a week so might not check in until return. Gonna actually miss running! Maybe I can sneak in a few at the hotel. :)
  • Roseapples
    Options
    Ran for 70mins yesterday. My friend is trying to get me to sign up for a half-marathon. I have done a few before but I was in a lot better running shape then! Eep!
    Does anyone else use the tens and ones running method?
  • jmijaressf
    Options
    3.8 miles today.

What's the tens and ones running method?
  • jmijaressf
    Options
    3.8 Miles today.
  • jmijaressf
    Options
    4.7 miles today.
  • kath711
    kath711 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Probably wont post everyday but will check in couple times a week. Did 7 miles on monday and 7.5 today.

happy running!