melo_310
melo_310 Posts: 1 Member
help.

Replies

• Kamikazeflutterby
    Kamikazeflutterby Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    1. Salt. 2. Heat.

Seriously though, it's steak. Bring to room temp, season, grill. Don't muck it up and it will taste fine. Here is a very basic recipe from Good Eats that really is salt, oil, and heat.

Your other options apart from dry seasoning are marinade the steak and grill it. It will still be pretty low cal if you don't A. Drown it in butter, or B. Drown it in a tasty, delicious pan sauce.

The steak will be as "healthy" as the cut of meat you pick.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Grill it till done, then eat.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZcoTQuYUqQ

Have it with a dark leafy salad.
  • Canuckgirl77
    Canuckgirl77 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I only use salt and pepper to season. Then I sear it on both sides and finish in the oven. Delish!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    What's unhealthy about steak? Salt, pepper, grill.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I rub mine with olive oil, salt, pepper, and sear both sides plus a little extra time with the lid on to heat through.
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's the sides that let you down with steak, and the quantities sometimes. The steak itself isn't really the problem. Reduce the amount of potatoes you have with it, cut down on things like peppercorn sauce and garlic butter, increase the salad. And don't eat like a pound of meat in one go.

If you give us an example of how you would usually cook it, maybe we can be more specific.