Before/After - Wedding Success!

Options
krazgrl
krazgrl Posts: 86 Member
I truly started my weight loss journey in September of last year when my coworkers decided to start a Biggest Loser challenge. I knew I wanted to lose weight before my wedding, so I figured there was no better way to just jump in and just start.

Thanks to the competition (two of them actually - and I won them both), I made a change to my lifestyle. I now have completed my first ever 5K (was actually a 7K) with a 5.5K in two weeks and gearing up for future ones too. I'm happier than I have been in ages.

I still have 15-20 pounds I would like to lose along with a lot of toning. I've had back surgery (spinal fusion) and have other issues with almost every other part of my body, but I refuse to let them get the best of me. :smile:

The pictures below are roughly 1 year apart:
The left, we're celebrating our 9th anniversary together at Disneyland in mid-May 2015. The right, our 10th anniversary and our wedding that just happened on 5/28. :heart:

I lost 66 pounds. He lost 54 pounds. (I am absolutely horrified by the before photos). lol
I went from a size 16 with XL/XXL tops to a size 8-10 and size medium tops (I'm 5'6.5").
He was a tight 36 and now is a comfortable 32 (he's 6').

nzre1s4ez1bu.jpg

Replies

• tiffanylacourse
    tiffanylacourse Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Great job - you're beautiful! :flowerforyou:
  • tmove2015
    tmove2015 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    You guys are amazing!
  • BeInFineFeather
    BeInFineFeather Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Great job! I wish my hubby would jump in with me! I think that would be truly motivating
  • shana4ever
    shana4ever Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You look so happy in the after photo and that's what counts most. Great work.
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Wow, you both look great!
  • nicknock01
    nicknock01 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Love this! So inspiring! Get it girl!!
  • krazgrl
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!
    sashag487 wrote: »
    Great job! I wish my hubby would jump in with me! I think that would be truly motivating
    It really helped having his support.

What's funny is that Ryan really changed his eating habits while at work and that helped immensely for him (no more fast food - he now packs a sandwich on whole wheat and an apple daily- which is all he wants).

Since I do all the cooking at home and grocery shopping, he was able to get on board pretty easily. Once he saw how much more self-confident I was becoming, he REALLY got into it and it really changed his perspective too. I love seeing him read labels and counting calories (he keeps a mental tally, but I have everything on MFP). He now gladly eats spaghetti squash instead of noodles and prefers a cauliflower mock-alfredo sauce to the real thing. A far cry from when we started dating and his only veggies was in the sauce on pizza or meatball sammies.

He loves telling people about my questions regarding indulging:

1. Have I had it before? If yes - I don't need it right now. If no, go to question 2:
    2. Can I get it again? If yes - I don't need it right now. If no? Have some in moderation. If it's super special (10-course Iron Chef prepared meal) eat it all and have no regrets. lol

• ncfitbit
    ncfitbit Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Love it! What a wonderful gift you have given yourselves as you begin your married life. Awesome!
  • Katrina2778
    Katrina2778 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!!
  • dorisj717
    dorisj717 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    You both look amazing, and congratulations on your wedding!
  • gianna42
    gianna42 Posts: 5,991 Member
    Options
    You look amazing - great job! And congratulations to both of you on your wedding!
  • gponter79
    gponter79 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Well done, incredible change.
  • lolosensan2
    lolosensan2 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    krazgrl wrote: »
    Thanks everyone!!
    sashag487 wrote: »
    It really helped having his support.

What's funny is that Ryan really changed his eating habits while at work and that helped immensely for him (no more fast food - he now packs a sandwich on whole wheat and an apple daily- which is all he wants).

Since I do all the cooking at home and grocery shopping, he was able to get on board pretty easily. Once he saw how much more self-confident I was becoming, he REALLY got into it and it really changed his perspective too. I love seeing him read labels and counting calories (he keeps a mental tally, but I have everything on MFP). He now gladly eats spaghetti squash instead of noodles and prefers a cauliflower mock-alfredo sauce to the real thing. A far cry from when we started dating and his only veggies was in the sauce on pizza or meatball sammies.

He loves telling people about my questions regarding indulging:

1. Have I had it before? If yes - I don't need it right now. If no, go to question 2:
    2. Can I get it again? If yes - I don't need it right now. If no? Have some in moderation. If it's super special (10-course Iron Chef prepared meal) eat it all and have no regrets. lol

AMAzing transformation and I love the questions regarding indulging!! Where did you find the cauliflower alfredo sauce recipe??
  • chatterbox3110
    chatterbox3110 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    The smile says it all, well done!
  • HippySkoppy
    HippySkoppy Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Congratulations all round for the both of you. What an incredible transformation and you both look incredibly well and happy. <3
  • meryl135
    meryl135 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on fantastic results! and on your wedding :smiley:
  • elizabethksomething
    elizabethksomething Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This is EXACTLY how i feel about indulging. Will they ever stop making Oreos? Probably not, so I don't need it now. Great Work!
  • krazgrl
    Options
    krazgrl wrote: »
    Thanks everyone!!

AMAzing transformation and I love the questions regarding indulging!! Where did you find the cauliflower alfredo sauce recipe??

http://ohsheglows.com/2014/01/20/cauli-power-fettuccine-alfredo-vegan/

I changed up the recipe a bit since I'm not vegan. I also boil the cauliflower in the water I end up using for the pasta until it's fork tender - my way of helping with the CA draught lol. While that's cooking, I sauté some garlic in butter (the amount I use depends on my indulgence level. You get some nuttiness from the brown butter and a nice punch from the garlic. Throw the cauliflower in a blender with the garlic/butter, some milk, grated parmesan, grated onion or onion powder, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Adjust ingredients to get the taste and texture you're after.
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,211 Member
    Options
    You look stunning!
  • AmandaLawter
    AmandaLawter Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Amazing work! You both look great! Congratulations on your marriage. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!