need some serious help guys

Options
hi everyone i hope were all doin well and not doin what i have done and keep doin witch is giving up ,

we in breif all the weight that i lost witch wasnt a lot but was 9lb in a month i have put bk on i am really strugglin with all this atm i have had so much goin over the last 12 months i just cant seem to sort my self out an pick my self up ,

i also suffer from depression and can be quite bad at times, in how i look and see my self , i have had this issue for 15 years or more but the weight thing is really getting to me ,

2 weeks ago the dr put me on lilthum witch has worried the hell out of me but i seem to be slowly picking up again ,
all i seem to be doin though is eatign all the wrong things i seem to have lost my confidence in that i can do this

i have been told the tablets will make me put weight on but i want t o loose weight anyway

i am so sorry for goin on but really needed to talk to someone and put it down as all my friends just tell me i am not big and i am not fat but i am 2 dress sizes bigger than the normal me and am not happy ,
thing is i know when i am eating properly i feel so much better but why isnt so easy to put all this in to practice, i am hopin i can sort my self out for monday so i can get bk on this diet and sort my self out

any help or advice would really help also anyhelp on re training my brain again to look at food differently in stead oif seeing all not good fo ryou food and wanting it more and more and more

i seem to have lost the will grrrrrrrrrrrrr

sorry rant over hope all is well emma
xx

Replies

• timlord
    timlord Posts: 158
    Options
    listen, I keep telling folks, look at inches lost and body fat lost....you need a multi faceted work out plan
    and I am experienced in working with people on psychotic meds
    Tim L
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Check this out. I am doing the Beck Diet Solution which uses cognitive behavior therapy to change the way you think. It sounds like you would really benefit from it. Join me on the journey!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/267451-the-beck-diet-solution-how-to-think-like-a-thin-person?page=1#posts-3666745
  • PaulaJKelly
    Options
    I am sorry for your struggles. I don't have any quick, easy answers for you. However, I am going to say, why wait until Monday? Start some small changes today. Make a point to drink at least 8 glasses (8 oz each) of water today. 10 to 12 would be even better. Plan to do that every day. Make a healthy choice for a meal today whether breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Get more good for you protein that will help with the feeling hungry. Know that YOU ARE WORTH IT!!!! Document what you are eating. In the edit section or in a notebook/journal note if you eat something you know isn't good for you, what you were feeling - emotional, bored, angry, unhappy, blah, - it will help you figure out what some of your triggers are that cause you to choose what you do. Don't try for 100% as that isn't a place you can be in right now. Say I am going to make some good choices today. I am going to say no to my fleshly choices a few times today. I am going to be strong. Put on some music that makes you smile or gets you moving. Go for a walk or do some type of exercise. The most important advice I can give you today is START TODAY!!!!!!!!! Monday is 4th of July and there will be too many excuses why you didn't start and then you delay it a week and so on and so on. Remember God loves you and wants only HIS best for you.
  • snovello2010
    snovello2010 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I lost my daughter in November of 2007, I remember the depression/lack of will that went along with it. I put the 70 lbs I lost + back on and have been struggling with it since.

I have found that allowing myself to do things I like (reading, sewing,etc) without guilt has been very helpful. As for exercise, I HATE IT!!! but it needs to be done. I walk with my dog and favorite neighbor at least 3 days a week, and have started using Zumba with my Wii. I call my neighbor my therapist, although the walks help with metabolism it also allows time to vent, and relieve stress in my life and for her as well. Also, exercise releases endorphins which hlep with depression and self esteem.

I wish you luck in your ventures.
  • fluffybrained
    Options
    awww Emma I am sorry you are stuck in a rut. Its the same place I've been stuck for the last 5 years too. Been skinny all my life, and battled with depression for years also. When my kids came along, so did the weight, and plenty of it. Which can bring down your self esteem quite a bit too.

Anti-depressants have been a helpful thing for my mood, but what I have found to be really helpful for me (both for weight and for depression) has been exersize. I joined up in Zumba classes at a local Curves, and the ladies there are such a support system for me. And if i miss a day, well within 15 minutes one of em is checking to see if i need a ride or something lol! Point is though, i couldnt do this by myself. Having a support system is really huge.

And drinking lots of water helps me curb my appetite. I'm a sucker for salty foods. And mealtimes, well its so easy to keep eating cause it tastes so good sometimes. I try to get a bottle of water in before mealtimes, and it seems to be helping me so far.

This is all kind of common knowledge stuff, so I apologise for any repeat of info on things that you might have tried or are doing. If you need someone to talk to, I am here for you :)

Jen
  • emkam11
    emkam11 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Check this out. I am doing the Beck Diet Solution which uses cognitive behavior therapy to change the way you think. It sounds like you would really benefit from it. Join me on the journey!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/267451-the-beck-diet-solution-how-to-think-like-a-thin-person?page=1#posts-3666745
    HI HUN I THINK I WILL HAVE TO HAVE A LOOK AT GETTING THE BOOK AS I REALLY NEED TO DO SOMETHIGN AS I KNOW DEEP DOWNB IT WILL HELP ME IN SO MANYWAYS HUN oops sorry about the caps, so when ar eyou starting it tomoz??? do u have to read the book befor you start doin the new eating lifesyle hun ?xxx
  • emkam11
    Options
    I am sorry for your struggles. I don't have any quick, easy answers for you. However, I am going to say, why wait until Monday? Start some small changes today. Make a point to drink at least 8 glasses (8 oz each) of water today. 10 to 12 would be even better. Plan to do that every day. Make a healthy choice for a meal today whether breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Get more good for you protein that will help with the feeling hungry. Know that YOU ARE WORTH IT!!!! Document what you are eating. In the edit section or in a notebook/journal note if you eat something you know isn't good for you, what you were feeling - emotional, bored, angry, unhappy, blah, - it will help you figure out what some of your triggers are that cause you to choose what you do. Don't try for 100% as that isn't a place you can be in right now. Say I am going to make some good choices today. I am going to say no to my fleshly choices a few times today. I am going to be strong. Put on some music that makes you smile or gets you moving. Go for a walk or do some type of exercise. The most important advice I can give you today is START TODAY!!!!!!!!! Monday is 4th of July and there will be too many excuses why you didn't start and then you delay it a week and so on and so on. Remember God loves you and wants only HIS best for you.

hi thank you so much that really did make me htink so much hun it really did thank you ,i think ur right i am always trying to do it 100% all the time instead of making little changes, like adding in an extra walk each day and maybe change somethign i eat and i will try drinking more water, only problem i have is i think i am gonna go out for a meal with my hubby over the weekend for a mean we dont much time alone so when we do i make the most of goin out for good food, and in my head i tell my self that once i eat a bad 3 course meal that i have failed and give up does that make sence???

thank you so much for your help x
  • emkam11
    Options
    I lost my daughter in November of 2007, I remember the depression/lack of will that went along with it. I put the 70 lbs I lost + back on and have been struggling with it since.

I have found that allowing myself to do things I like (reading, sewing,etc) without guilt has been very helpful. As for exercise, I HATE IT!!! but it needs to be done. I walk with my dog and favorite neighbor at least 3 days a week, and have started using Zumba with my Wii. I call my neighbor my therapist, although the walks help with metabolism it also allows time to vent, and relieve stress in my life and for her as well. Also, exercise releases endorphins which hlep with depression and self esteem.

I wish you luck in your ventures.

i am so sorry about ur loss hun i really am ,
    i think your right i need to try and get my self motivaated by things i like i have been for a walk with the dog the past 2 days but its not really a pwer walk or anything but has been nice i must admitt thannk you i will try really hard , i dont have anyfriends that live close by to go for a walk with but i can go either by my self for half an hour or even with my hubby and boys , i think i just need to look at there is gonna be no quick fix and i need to try and change little things at a time thank you so much x
  • emkam11
    Options
    awww Emma I am sorry you are stuck in a rut. Its the same place I've been stuck for the last 5 years too. Been skinny all my life, and battled with depression for years also. When my kids came along, so did the weight, and plenty of it. Which can bring down your self esteem quite a bit too.

Anti-depressants have been a helpful thing for my mood, but what I have found to be really helpful for me (both for weight and for depression) has been exersize. I joined up in Zumba classes at a local Curves, and the ladies there are such a support system for me. And if i miss a day, well within 15 minutes one of em is checking to see if i need a ride or something lol! Point is though, i couldnt do this by myself. Having a support system is really huge.

And drinking lots of water helps me curb my appetite. I'm a sucker for salty foods. And mealtimes, well its so easy to keep eating cause it tastes so good sometimes. I try to get a bottle of water in before mealtimes, and it seems to be helping me so far.

This is all kind of common knowledge stuff, so I apologise for any repeat of info on things that you might have tried or are doing. If you need someone to talk to, I am here for you :)

Jen

hi jen thank you for ur post it means a lot to kind of know that someone feels like i do and that i am not alone, it would be great for me to go to somehting like zumba just not sure i have the confidence to go alone hun , everyones comments have really really made me feel better, i also know that when i am exercising and eating healthy food it makes me feel so different its just getting there thats the problem and not giving up just because i have had a bad day, then just eating take outs just because i cant be bothered any more it make me mad to think taht i do this to my self hun but as you will know sometimes it easy to say lol
    well done for you doin so well though its a real acheivement and a real bigger one to be able to advise someone eles
    emxx
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options

HI HUN I THINK I WILL HAVE TO HAVE A LOOK AT GETTING THE BOOK AS I REALLY NEED TO DO SOMETHIGN AS I KNOW DEEP DOWNB IT WILL HELP ME IN SO MANYWAYS HUN oops sorry about the caps, so when ar eyou starting it tomoz??? do u have to read the book befor you start doin the new eating lifesyle hun ?xxx

I have already started but I am on day four as of today. You can go ahead and catch up with me I post the daily challenge and how I am doing every day. The book goes with any eating plan it is designed to make your brain work with it better. Today's challenge is to give yourself credit. I think of all the times that I put myself down instead of seeing the good things I have done. It is too easy to think about how bad you are or the thing you shouldn't have done. Today you start looking for things that you have done well or you deserve to be recognized for. Like the fact that you started this post on the message boards you deserve kudos for asking for help. Take a look at the board and you can join me in this journey. You might get a little more out of the book. However any little step in the right direction will help you a ton!