looking for friends that actually comment?

Options
Hi everyone! I don't mean to be a downer here but I am super supporter (probably too supportive as this app has practically become Facebook for me lol) but I am looking for people to interact with and who actually talk/post back. I am a daily logger, really trying to reach my goals, have an open diary, and I am an completely honest with what I eat.
I am 24, 5'8, and trying to lose 90lbs. I have a decent friends list but people become inactive or just add me and start friend collecting and we never really interact. I like people who can actually say a word or two and like to return the motivation/support..if that sounds like you, please add me :)

Also, I do not friend collect so if you are just adding me to add to your number, chances are it will not work out lol. I like to get to know my peeps personally- personal choice :)

Replies

• Adam5025
    Adam5025 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You can count me in. I understand how important support can be.
  • JaneN2016
    JaneN2016 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

I would love to be friends too! I am 26, 5"4 and have already lost about 26lbs without tracking. Time to get serious about it! Supportive, motivational and talkative people sound like exactly the sort of community to surround yourself with :-)
  • 1shedev
    1shedev Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Hi, I also want to have people that talk. I don't yet know how to friend people on the site but I'd love to add you.
  • amysamantha91
    amysamantha91 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Count me in. I love getting to know new people and supporting each other. That's what I figured this app was for but some people just don't seem to get it.
  • ameliagomes25
    ameliagomes25 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey girl,

I'm 24 also and have always struggled with weight management. I gained 35 lbs within 6 months last year. My Naturopath suggested that I use My Fitness Pal to calculate my macro nutrients. I've lost 24 lbs so far in the last two months. She has advised me to aim for 40% protein, 35% fat and 25% carbs. I'm really struggling with it even though I've cut out all my refined sugars.

I was 216 lbs in March and this morning I was 192 lbs! My goal is to reach 130 lbs by the end of this year.

I had no idea there was a community tab on here and that you can interact with people.

Good luck on your goals :smile:
  • Shutterbuggg
    Shutterbuggg Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Just sent you a request! Looking for active friends as well :)
  • NatalieLJ
    NatalieLJ Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Same, it's much better when everyone comments, motivates and encourages. I log every day, feel free to add me for support :)
  • jackie_van_d
    jackie_van_d Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Just sent a request,
    I post daily, and comment, some times with just an emoji, but I'm there for ya.
    A couple days a week I post a challenge (sometimes a one meal challenge or a full day challenge). Just to shake up my/your diet.
    Hope to hear from you
  • ajara13
    ajara13 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've lost 30 pounds so far with 25 more to go. I am on here daily logging food and workouts. Feel free to add me!
  • Josephineofili
    Josephineofili Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Me too guys! Would love some support and to be able to support others. Please add me, I'm not sure how to send requests through. Thanks x
  • Denise_Valentine
    Denise_Valentine Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    sent you a request. so looking forward to talking to people on here!
  • dawnda1234
    dawnda1234 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Would love to talk food and help motivate!
  • BekahC1980
    BekahC1980 Posts: 474 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I like to post daily quotes and interact with my friends. I have been logging for 352 days and have lost 81 lbs. I would like to eventually lose 4-9 more lbs but basically in a semi-maintenence mode. I am a macro dieter, so all of my diary completions are typically right on target with calories. I weight train 2-3 days a week and do cardio days 2-3 days a week. Sundays I typically have a rest day/family day. Where my family and I go to the park or museums or play. hope to hear from you soon