Should I take a fat burnner while only dieting.

I'm a very active person, but recently I suffered from an injury that has forced me to take 3 weeks off from all activities (Doctor's mandated). I would still like to lean down but I can't exercise like i usually do. I already re vamped my diet to eat high volume foods but I'm afraid I'll still regain the weight that i have lost. So my question is. Should it take a fat burner while only dieting.

Replies

• suzyjane1972
    suzyjane1972 Posts: 612 Member
    Probably harmless potentially deadly.
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    The only fat burner is the act of consuming fewer calories than you use.
  • Kib13
    Kib13 Posts: 38 Member
    A fat burner isn't needed. They're unregulated and potentially dangerous. Save your money and use it to purchase a new workout top for when you can get back to being active!

The good news is, you already have the tools you need to maintain or continue losing weight!

First, before you start losing weight, talk to your doctor or nurse to see if you should be maintaining your weight while you heal or if it's okay to lose weight. You may need more food for fuel to help you heal. Protein is key!

Use MFP. To maintain your weight, set your settings appropriately. To lose weight, eat at a deficit. Check your settings and make sure your activity level is set to sedentary for weight loss and decide how much you want to lose each week.

I like to combine protein with carbs and fiber at every meal. The combo keeps me satiated. Add high fiber fruits and veggies and you should be good!

You got this!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,487 Member
    Nope. You're just fine without it.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Unfortunately, there is no such thing as a fat burner. If there was, there would be no fat people.
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    I agree with @Linzon, you may want to eat at maintenance while healing so that your body has the fuel it needs to do the work. At the very least, set your weight loss goal more modestly and make sure you are eating your macros and lots of nutrient dense foods. Treating your body right while healing will help you get back to your previous fitness level faster.
  • dlkfox
    dlkfox Posts: 463 Member
    Your injury has delayed your weight-loss plans. Now is the time to eat at maintenance and focus on getting your protein macros in so you will heal as fast as possible and get back to losing. Take care of your body.
  • __leis__
    __leis__ Posts: 100 Member
    I haven't been able to do my usual 20-40,000 steps for the last two weeks due to a foot injury. I have still managed to lose 2 lbs a week just by eating at a deficit. I have two more weeks until I can be more active and I feel pretty confident that I can maintain my deficit through diet only. I'd say spend the money on a new workout outfit for when you can be active again. You don't need the fat burners.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,422 MFP Moderator
    Eat at maintenance and work on adequate nutrition to provide your body the most available resources to heal.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,994 Member
    edited June 2016
    AnaKhayos wrote: »
    I'm a very active person, but recently I suffered from an injury that has forced me to take 3 weeks off from all activities (Doctor's mandated). I would still like to lean down but I can't exercise like i usually do. I already re vamped my diet to eat high volume foods but I'm afraid I'll still regain the weight that i have lost. So my question is. Should it take a fat burner while only dieting.

IMO, if you are injured you should not be cutting. Switch to maintenance until you recover. I am going through the same thing at the moment and I know how frustrating it is.
  • markrgeary1
    markrgeary1 Posts: 853 Member
    Weight loss is 80% diet you'll be fine.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    No.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited June 2016
    No need.
    Weight loss occurs without exercise. Just adjust your calories to sedentary and eat at maintenance until you recover.