No Gym, Any Program Suggestions?

Options
Hey guys! So I am from New Jersey, but interning in California for the summer. Because I am working across the country I am unable to bring a car with me, so it will be very difficult for me to get to a gym to workout. Knowing this, my goal for the summer is to just maintain my body and possibly tone a bit. I was wondering if anybody had any suggestions for programs they have seen or tried in order to maintain or maybe even gain muscle at home, without the use of any equipment. Thank you all for your help!

Replies

• JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Fitnessblender.com has some great workouts. You might also look at You Are Your Own Gym.
  • singletrackmtbr
    singletrackmtbr Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    For those goals I'd probably choose an Insanity workout. If you want to focus more on building muscle I love Athlean Xero. A lot of folks here talk about Convict Conditioning (which I believe is free).

Good luck!
  • indiacaitlin
    indiacaitlin Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I'd recommend doing some home HIIT workouts - check out The Body Coach on YouTube/Instagram. He has a range of HIIT stuff and it's all freely accessible, I did one tonight and it killed me in under 20 minutes haha so it definitely works a treat and is super quick :smile:
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    There are TONS of workouts on YouTube. Great way to mix it up and not spend. There's even some of the big name workout series.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Go to youtube and choose various yoga videos: Flexibility, strength, fat loss... any level. It's all out there to pick what ever you need that day.
  • chrissy28
    chrissy28 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Lots of great ideas on here. I use this app Sworkit as well. It's a "no gym, no excuse app" and has a free version. All exercises you can do without any equipment. I didn't think id like it but it's perfect if you can't get to the gym or on vacation.
  • clay0904
    clay0904 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Body weight excersises are an option that can help you maintain your gains. Mixing between lifting and bodyweight is actually very smart and beneficial so this could be a blessing in disguise. Though you won't "bulk" like you can with lifting you can still increase strength and become more "shredded".

Here's one regime: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/ask-the-ripped-dude-whats-an-effective-bodyweight-workout.html
    I'd add pull-ups and chin ups as well. If this doesn't work research a plan using bodyweight excersises that fits your goals.
  • BadAssAries
    BadAssAries Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels for sure. Her tried & true 30 Day Shred is on YouTube. You want to be toned, she'll get you there.
  • argonzalez4
    argonzalez4 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'd recommend Insanity .. this program will tone you pretty good .. I'm gonna try to post a pic and you'll see how toned I got in just 4 weeks
  • argonzalez4
    Options
    xd1i8lnizfua.jpeg
  • argonzalez4
    Options
    I forgot to mention I didn't diet at all. I just did insanity. I re started on Monday and plus I'm eating clean.. hopefully I'll see better results
  • Emijanine
    Emijanine Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    PIYo is a good workout and all you need is a mat!